Is it necessary for my product to be compatible on mobile devices?

Azfar
9 replies
I am building B2B SaaS product, is it necessary to design for mobile screen? Most of the features I am building is compatible with desktop screens only.

Replies

It obviously depends. For our product we actually completely block mobile for our collaboration features. Mobile would require rethinking the whole app design, which would require a lot more resources. We'll probably add a mobile version in the future, but as long as we don't have 100% certainty with the direction of our product, it just doesn't make sense to spend the resources.
Azfar
@timobechtel exactly I m in similar situation, thought I ll focus on mobile after my initial launch of MVP
It really depends on the solution and your customers. We are building a B2B SaaS product too and focus mostly on desktops cause we don't think that our customers will be using it from mobile phones at all.
Azfar
@serhii_uspenskyi Ah I see mine is more like canva, guess I ll stick to desktop only for my MVP launch
Alexey Anshakov
Not always the case. Although today mobile traffic accounts for around 60%, there's a simple rule of thumb: if your product is B2B (just as you described), the focus should generally be on desktops. This rule, of course, is not universal but works as a first approximation.
Sean P.
While it's not absolutely necessary, it's worth considering mobile compatibility for your B2B SaaS product. Users increasingly expect mobile access, which adds flexibility and convenience. Additionally, having mobile compatibility can give you a competitive edge. Understanding your users' needs will help you make an informed decision.
Tedel
The website must be compatible. The product (I mean, after the user logs in) does not need to.