Is customers support a burden for you?

Zachary Wang
12 replies
Is customer support bothering you? For example, an enormous email to reply? Or many simple or even spammy chats make you hardly have time to build your product? Maybe too many reviews to replay? While handling customer support helps you walk a mile in clients shoes, an enormous of emails is a disaster, especially for solo makers. What tool do you use? Does it work well? How it cost? Or do you have any issues with customer support? Many thx.

Replies

Chikezie Sixtus
you can hire freelancers to help out
Simon Peter Damian
I want that burden, as long as they are paying customers
Shajedul Karim
customer support, a burden? nah, it's the frontline of feedback. yeah, emails pile up, chats ring non-stop. but listen, that's your user pulse. spammed or not, each message is a breadcrumb. leading where? to a better product. you asked about tools. plenty out there. zendesk, intercom. price varies, value's constant. but let's pivot. issue isn't the tool, it's the mindset. support isn't a department. it's a company culture. you're solo? great. you get undiluted data straight from the user's mouth. costly in time, sure. but it's premium intel. wouldn't you want that? fixes, features, pivots—they all start with 'hey, i have an issue.' so, embrace the "burden." it's the weight of opportunity. what's your take?
Chris Lindner
Usually not. But a burden for me is how to help users establish the correct awareness about product or functions. For example, many end user don't understand how AI work(it's principles) and the extend AI can achieve. For many, they think AI should be 100% correct, this recognition may cause loss of users and I don't know how to explain or make them change their mind.
Drew_Quinn
it more of opportunity rather than a burden
Heleana Grace
Hey there! I feel you on the customer support front. We've experimented with a few tools to handle it better. Honestly, it's all about trial and error to see what fits best. Have you tried using video tutorials or FAQs for common questions?
Zachary Wang
@heleana have you tried any tool? does it help?
George Burmistrov
It may be sometimes, but usually people come with rather obvious problems that can be solved in a matter of several minutes. Yes, it can be tiresome, but hey, that's what tech support is here for and no one can know everything. It's natural.