• Subscribe
  • Is anyone else frustrated by YouTube shorts cluttering recommendations?

Jagriti Kumar
    6 replies
    I'm thinking about clearing my YouTube history because shorts are cluttering my recommendations with irrelevant content, making it hard to find what I need. I wish there was an option to disable shorts without needing plugins or other versions. It makes me question the value of Premium.

Replies

Henry Sanchez
    Maybe a separate Shorts tab? I don't mind Shorts existing, but having them mixed in with regular videos is annoying. A dedicated Shorts tab would be a better solution
    Gaspard Dupuich
    Not a Shorts fan. I came to YouTube for in-depth tutorials and analysis, not endless short clips. Wish there was a way to control the Shorts in my feed.
    Ethan Young
    ! YouTube Shorts are taking over my recommendations too. I miss seeing actual long-form content I subscribed for. Is there a way to filter them out?
    Jagriti Kumar
    @ethan_yung that's the problem they don't have any option to remove it from my main feed without using any plug-ins or Vance versions and I'm paying for YT premium as well
    Gurkaran Singh
    Tell me about it! Navigating through the jungle of YouTube shorts in recommendations can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. It's like looking for a byte in a data haystack!
    Charlotte Elise Sinclair
    Yeah it's super annoying. I wish there was a simple toggle in settings to turn off Shorts entirely. Seems like they're just trying to compete with TikTok but it's ruining the core YouTube experience IMO. Might need to resort to a browser extension or alt app to filter them out completely.