iOS or Android?

Alexander Grossman
147 replies
Let's check what people prefer to use in their daily life? Feel free to add me as a friend here or on Linkedin, I'll be happy to support you. Raise this topic together. (My old one was in the top 1 and 2 discussions last month, want to do it together again!)

Replies

Boris Markarian
I used Android for about 10 years, but now I prefer iOS. Anyway, now I hardly see any difference as an average user.
Zenda
iOS, it remains smooth even after using it for several years.
Alexander Grossman
@zenda1122 Same here) Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Roman Gordy
Well, I had three stages: 1. Maybe to give an Android a try? 2. I’m scared to switch from iOS as I use many apple devices 3. Why to switch at all? So I think it is a battle between canadians and australians. They heard about each other, but many of them are just happy to be where they are.
Alexander Grossman
@arbonum I agree, but it will still be interesting to see exactly how the user camp of both platforms will divide, whether the difference will be significant).
Julia Zakharova
IOS and nothing else! Less problems, less ads, faster apps, simpler life.
Kate Shut
@julia_zakharova2 hi Julia ;))) how much time in total in your life you used android and iOS?
Kate Shut
people, I have a question. What is the MAIN factor forcing you to use one system or another? only the MAIN, no other. for me it’s adaptability - I want the device to work lazily on me and understand what I want without unnecessary pressure
Alexander Grossman
@evgeniy_vl It's very hard to choose just once because many reasons are here for me. But I choose usability.
Abdelkarim Achtaou
@sugar_free_app i choose the performance so that i can achieve my goals easily without any interruptions
Cyprien BRION
I prefer iOS, it's smoother, the interface is generally well thought out and the interaction with other Apple devices is just magical! But it is true that in recent years, the two systems have started to come together on some points...
Alexander Grossman
@cyprien_brn Thanks for the opinion, and I agree that pairing with Apple is like magic. But the two platforms do borrow a lot from each other, and lately the actual platforms don't differ on many quality criteria. It's interesting to see how many people here are from the Apple camp.
Cyprien BRION
@sugar_free_app That's true, and it's even more true with iOS 18 and the new personalisation options!
James Miller
OS is better for me because of its smooth integration across Apple devices and how intuitive everything feels. It just works seamlessly, from my iPhone to my MacBook.
Alexander Grossman
Yes, pairing feature works great. Totally agree. I myself own a variety of devices from headphones to macbook. I second this evaluation parameter on your part. It really creates a memorable user experience. @james_miller26
Deluar Hosain
I use Android and liked it!
Alexander Grossman
@emaildeluar Thank you for sharing your opinion. Could you please tell us what is your favorite Android feature?
Ivan Territo
@emaildeluar Do you use it also as developer or "just" user?
Benny
Android, bit more open and easier to test apps with.
Alexander Grossman
@tracker_3 Android camp πŸ€– here, maybe you could share more details and talk about which Andriod features you think work best for you overall?
Ivan Territo
@tracker_3 Agree, even just the debug app sharing... <3
Benny
@sugar_free_app Nice one :) I just think the option to debug devices and build an run an apk without having to go through a gatekeeper saves lots of time. And I also have always loved the casting options.
Alexander Grossman
@tracker_3 APK is indeed a very convenient feature. But doesn't security suffer from this? We can only hope that Apple will solve this problem by introducing alternative stores, which will still control security standards at the App Store level in the future.
Prem Saini
I definitely prefer iOS over anything else! However, my phone has been giving me problems lately, and repairs in India can be quite expensive. I've been considering switching to Android, but all my current devices and data are on iOS.
Alexander Grossman
@prem_saini1 iPhone repair, of course, has always remained an expensive service, which is why it's better to buy a device with an extended warranty right away to save 2-3 times on repairs. I definitely agree with your points about repairability. As far as I know Android devices are more common in India, but you have quite a few Apple stores as well. Hope the situation improves in the future. Thanks for your opinion. You are one more member of the Apple camp 🍎.
Kate Ramakaieva
Oh my, the duscussion is as old as a World 😁 iOS
Ivan Territo
@kate_ramakaieva And why are you part of the iOS group? :D
Elaine Lu
It really depends on your preferences and needs. iOS offers a seamless and secure ecosystem, while Android provides more customization and flexibility.
Muzammil Merchant
If iOS phones were at competitive pricing as Android phones, this debate would've been a lot easier. I used Android and Windows for around 8 years before switching to iOS. Now, I don't want to go back. Apple's operating system consistently provides an excellent user experience on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Having said that, Apple sometimes does not have basic feature requirements for apps, which can get frustrating, something every user would've felt at some point.
Alexander Grossman
@muzammil_22 I agree with your experience. What exactly did you find better on iOS after Android?
Muzammil Merchant
@sugar_free_app Their multipeer connectivity was definitely one of the first features of their overall architecture that stood out to me. As a designer, I prefer their UI over several Android brands' UI. I also enjoy the seamless workflow it enables with subtle nudges and shortcuts. Besides these, there are multiple apps that design extra features (even if it's for delight) for iOS users.
Alexander Grossman
@muzammil_22 Persuasive reasoning. I completely agree that iOS is more about user experience and convenience than anything else. For me personally, this is also one of the main factors that influenced my choice, in addition to the certainty of stable operation of all the innovations being introduced, which although appearing earlier on Android, often don't work as they should. I like Apple's approach, which doesn't introduce anything until it is sure of the quality.
Mary Pluzhnik
Android for life for me
Alexander Grossman
@snxzy Could you please tell us more about what prompted you to make this choice and what benefits you highlight? Thank you for your answer.
Mary Pluzhnik
@sugar_free_app mostly company policies. It's insane that they can violate people's right to repair so much for example
Dmitry
Elden Ring DLC!
Alexander Grossman
@digital_d 🫑 which mobile platform is could support this game? πŸ˜…
Dmitry
@sugar_free_app just joking I loved android last year my girlfriend gave me her iphone so i would say that's the best choice
Vaibhav
I have been a long time android user. Switched to iPhone and used iOS pretty much for years as well. I don't see a winner, to be honest. This is like Apples vs Oranges kind of debate.
Alexander Grossman
@vaibhavdwivedi However, after years of using both platforms, have you noticed any advantages of one that the other doesn't have?
Vaibhav
@sugar_free_app Android is good if you want to mess around with tons of customization on almost all aspects and iOS when you get tired of it and want something simple/neat/clean/gets the job done.
Ditarth Desai
Choosing between iOS and Android boils down to personal preference and specific needs. iOS offers a user-friendly interface, seamless integration with other Apple devices, and strong security. Android provides more customization options, a wide range of devices, and access to a diverse app ecosystem.
Alexander Grossman
@ditarth_wbs So what did you choose for yourself?
Elias Ari
Switched to iOS from Android a couple years ago, it just feels a lot smoother.
Alexander Grossman
@elias_ari Is it more about usability or safety?
Ivan Territo
As a developer I prefer Android 100% As an user depends, some like iOS, some like Android, they're getting closer in the last years. Personally I prefer Android also as an user, but it's just my preference.
Alexander Grossman
@ivan_territo What exactly do you see as the advantages of using the Android platform for you as a developer compared to iOS? Thank you for your input in the discussion.
Ivan Territo
@sugar_free_app It is easier to share an APK (compiled version of the app) to anyone, more people using it, so more data and feedbacks, more developers, also because it is more accessible, so you'll find many more references...
Alexander Grossman
@ivan_territo Yes, about the usability of APK, I agree. But it also entails disadvantages in terms of safety..... Doesn't that make sense?
Moaz Ahmad
Launching soon!
Even though I use Android, I know for a fact that iOS is just better in most aspects.
Alexander Grossman
@moaz_ahmad1 Would you like to switch to iOS in the future for yourself?