• Subscribe
  • Introverted ceo seeking sales advice: is there more than just DMs and content creation?

Claire Martin
    5 replies
    Hey everyone, As an introvert running a SaaS business, I find myself in a bit of a tricky spot. I'm the CEO, which makes me the "chief salesperson" by default, and my brother is the CTO. Everyone around me keeps saying I should focus on sending DMs and creating content to drive sales, but is that really the only way? Being introverted, constantly putting myself out there isn't easy for me. Are there other strategies or approaches that work for someone in my position? I’d love to hear your insights or experiences!

Replies

Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It's hard thing but to be introvert is not something bad. It is actually good – you are a good listener when it comes to problems of other people. I know it is easier said that done but you are maybe good at writing articles (newsletters) and reaching out in DMs – when you know how to work with words. :) I also classify myself as more introverted person but if I do what I like, borderline has to go away :)
    Monalisa Sethi
    If you don't feel that's your strongest suit and you can contribute somewhere else, then hire for it. Hire a person who can complement you and fill the gap. Having said the initial momentum is definitely built through conversations and relationship development. But you can write good content. Distribution, including outreach can always be done by someone else. I do this for a living. Help founders who either don't have the time or don't want to get involved in branding/marketing convert conversations into revenue (or whatever the goal is).
    Simonas Kauzonas
    You could focus on SEO for a long-term, introvert-friendly strategy. If you're in B2B, try automating email outreach with tools like Apollo.io to land leads without direct interaction. You can send the emails from a different email address. Hope that helps in some way!
    Jeyoung Jung
    I think while introverts can be not that good when it comes to approaching people, I believe they can deliver a good speech when best prepared, like Steve Jobs. Maybe preparing everything in advance, and sticking to the prepared manual might be a good strategy for an introvert.
    Arindam Vaidya
    Well, I face used to face these issues too. But, what I have learnt I can't change my being but I need to build a coping mechanism which works. So, I started engaging in small talks in various spaces which helped me in acing out talking to strangers and then periodically I started connecting in communities of similar interests. It's not comfortable but it eases the anxiety a bit.