• Subscribe
  • Indies, how do you get your first 10 customers?

Ray luan
    10 replies
    My first 2 paid customers are friends. The 3rd one is from a group of indie hackers I hang out with.

Replies

Daniel Hunt
    Cold outreach definitely the way to go! Direct messages on LinkedIn, twitter, email etc. You got this 💪
    Ray luan
    @daniel_hunt4 When you DM, do you ask your customer to try out product in the first message? Any strategy you use there? Please share
    Daniel Hunt
    @ray_luan Afraid the answer is going to depend on the customer, the product and how easy it is to try out! In terms of strategy you can do a little A/B testing by hand ;) Whatever you write, just imagine what it will read like from their perspective. Sorry for not being more helpful!
    Ray luan
    @daniel_hunt4 It is very helpful already. I would try not to be very salesy then
    Relja Denic
    Linkedin and email outreach. With automation software you can scale it really fast.
    Natella Nuralieva
    @relja_denic Cool! Can you share which automations tool you find most helpful?
    Charles Brewer
    @relja_denic I'm also interested in what kind of automation you're talking about
    Kevin Van Haesendonck
    It's not easy, but can snowball very fast! Marketing is key!
    Ray luan
    @kevin_van_haesendonck what is your most effective marketing method or channel?