In your opinion, what makes for a great user onboarding experience when adopting a new SAAS tool?

Baptiste Amen
10 replies

Replies

Yash Sharma
Don't try to overly complicate things. Flow should be intuitive enough that all features that you want to show/highlight should seamlessly fall into place. Focus on the main strong features that need to capture user's attention then subtly nudge them to explore on their own and don't forget to capture their feedback!
Daniel Zaitzow
@hector___madrid Do you find an optional guide helpful?
Héctor Castillo
@dzaitzow Do the products that are massively used have guidelines? No. There has to be a guide but not in onboarding, if a service needs a guide is that it is poorly designed, and I say this recognizing that some of the services where I have been CEO, were poorly designed because we had to put guides hahahahaha.
Héctor Castillo
@dzaitzow Short videos help a lot in my opinion, and having everything well documented in text also helps, but only in the Help area, not in the mandatory onboarding. What would you think of a person who, as soon as you meet them, talks for 2 minutes about themselves telling you everything they know how to do without you asking them anything? Human beings like to discover and achieve things without help, we feel more satisfied when we do something new without anyone's help than when we are helped. Collective satisfaction is an affective lack in search of external love, individual satisfaction is a deep satisfaction.
Yevhen Melnychenko
- Landing page with useful information - Friendly UI - Must-Have Feature Tips Advance. - Animated gifs with explanation if you have any complicated features
Developer X
to not need guiding, to not thinking more than 3-4 seconds to do what they want, shouldn't feel of lost or feel "where I am"
Tanjir Rahman
The onboarding experience should be tailored to the specific needs of the user. As SaaS Product Demo Explainer video expert, I will say - understanding their goals and challenges, and providing them with the information and resources that they need to get started quickly and easily.
Tanjir Rahman
Baptiste, I found Gryzzly really interesting idea. Would love to learn more about Gryzzly . Sent you a connection request on you LinkedIn.
Daniel Zaitzow
Seeing the product in action - the main value props / differentiators front and centre. I like to be able to get guidance (in detail) after being shown core features. My favourite in the market is still the Typeform onboarding experience.