In your opinion, should employee feedback be anonymous, non-anonymous or confidential?

Madhurima Sabharwal
11 replies
The decision of whether employee feedback should be anonymous, non-anonymous or confidential involves considering the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.

Replies

Marco Garcia
Non-anonymous and I prefer it to be delivered on 1on1 sessions. A key factor is making clear (with words AND actions) that employees have a safe space to share their feedback.
Madhurima Sabharwal
@donmarco, I agree - its important to give employees a safe space to give a candid and honest feedback. But if its discussed/delivered during 1on1s (either with their manager/HR), I believe they may not express themselves or give feedback truthfully. What do you think?
Marco Garcia
@madhurima_sabharwal1 In my experience, having employees not expressing truthfully is a clear signal that they don’t feel safe enough expressing their real feelings. Thus, you still need to push towards having a safer space.
Allison Ly
With Anonymous, people would be more incline to reveal their true feelings! We launch next week, would love your support! (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
Nirnimes
I believe non-anonymous should always be the way to go especially in Team Decisions or important cultural feedbacks. Because if keeping it non-anonymous changes the feedback, there's already something very wrong going on.
Saloni Jain
anonymous considering the safety of employees. Not everyone reacts well to feedbacks so can't risk it :)
Igor Lysenko
I think they should be anonymous because they need to be given an honest opinion. The very essence of the survey should be conducted honestly, not everyone wants to speak honestly non-anonymously.