• Subscribe
  • In your opinion, do thought-provoking comments increase LinkedIn engagement? 💡

Ali Jan
    4 replies
    Being too basic on LinkedIn is just that too basic. If that makes sense. Just liking or giving simple comments like “agreed!” and “insightful tips” is not enough to upscale your LinkedIn presence. You have to be authentic and genuine with your responses. ✍️ Do you think well-thought-out comments really help grow your network and boost visibility on LinkedIn?

Replies

Blake Martin
    Absolutely. I see comments as mini-posts with a built-in audience and often a better ROI. For instance, a post on my own might get a couple thousand impressions, but a thoughtful comment on a popular creator's post can get much more visibility—especially if I post early and receive likes, keeping my comment at the top. If their post gets hundreds of thousands of impressions, my comment benefits from that reach. I've spent an hour writing a post that got 10 likes, but just 3 minutes on a comment that got 60. It's an underutilized strategy on LinkedIn.
    Veeresh Devireddy
    Yes, thought-provoking comments does feel real, useful and gets extra traction, for a meaningful engagement.
    Monalisa Sethi
    It should be personal, it should be your opinion, what you think. Doesn't necessarily have to be thought provoking. Just stick to what you genuinely feel or think about the particular post. Can be a different angle of thought, real life examples/anecdotes
    Muhammad Nur Ichwan
    I agree with you. Thought-provoking comments could increase our LinkedIn engagement because they appear alongside our LinkedIn bio. This way, people from anywhere (mutuals, followers, even stranger) can see our activities.