In 2003, I made a pile of money using this tactic

Cyril Gupta
3 replies
Back in the 2000s, my marketing strategy was centered around SEO. It was the focal point of everything and I got most of my sales through search. People were finding my products on search and buying. So here's what I did that helped me sell over 35,000 copies of Horoscope Explorer (my best app then). Create listings on 100s of 'Download' and 'Shareware' sites and offer trial versions of my software. I got sales sales everyday and so did my India-wide dealer network without a single cent spent on ads. That changed when Panda struck. This happened to nearly everyone at that time. The algorithm changed so suddenly and drastically that people still haven’t recovered. So what works on SEO in 2023? Nobody is really sure. It’s not just about writing great articles, because no matter how good an article you write, it doesn’t get ranked. In fact, most of what shows up on Google in the search results outside of the authority sites is still mostly garbage. It’s low-quality content! You will still find high-quality content through places like Reddit or Quora, but not on Google. It seems that success on Google is still about backlinks and if you get that mix right you will get ranked, no matter what Google says. However, the links shouldn’t come from directory sites or sites that routinely accept user content. They have to come from sites that have staff writers and editors. In other words, the authority sites, and blogs. Something that’s run by a human being and the content is vetted by a human being before it’s uploaded. That still seems to work. I have been doing some research on SEO lately and the advice is so stale. Things haven’t changed in the last 5 years. - Build backlinks - 1200 word articles - HARO Really? Google makes an update to their algo every week and we still think this works? I am betting it doesn’t. This advice is only for the beginners who don’t know where to begin. Give them something to do, keep them busy. That’s all it is good for. If you really want to learn SEO, look at forums, groups, Reddit and find people who have really done it. Reverse engineer their content and their strategy. That can get you the traffic. What about you? What’s your favorite SEO tactic that works? Hit reply and tell me about it.

Replies

Larry Murphy
My favorite SEO strategy that consistently works in 2023 is focusing on creating high-quality, engaging, and original content, peppered with strategic keyword placement, coupled with consistent engagement on high authority platforms where I can offer value and naturally gain high-quality backlinks, all while maintaining a strong social media presence to further boost visibility.
Cyril Gupta
@larrym_33 Do you want to list them?
Tammy Martin
While the specific tactic may vary based on individual circumstances and the evolving landscape of opportunities, one effective way to make money on Reddit organically is by actively participating in relevant communities and providing valuable content. Engage in discussions, share your expertise, and build a genuine reputation within the community. Additionally, consider starting your subreddit or contributing to existing ones where your interests align. Authenticity and a genuine interest in the community's well-being are key to gaining trust and potentially uncovering valuable opportunities. Remember, success often stems from building meaningful connections and offering something of value to the community rather than solely focusing on financial gains.