• Subscribe
  • Impossible or possible ? (Making hosting costs and other cost via adsense)

bahman sadeghi
    4 replies
    I have an idea of making a indie game.(Have few ideas). However I do not want to put much money on it. I only want to buy the domain and then a very basic (preferably free) host. And also lunch on app and android (and pay the lunching cost) Then the more user I get I get absence and pay for the host. Is this theoretically possible ? Make stuff with less than 500$ I am afraid I build something and it become a little popular and I could not afford hosting cost? That is my fear. I am making the stuff so I do not need to pay for developer.

Replies

Rich Watson
    hmmm. the amount of traffic you would need to pay for hosting with adsense would be significantly high. and can only payout once it hits $100
    bahman sadeghi
    @richw So what do you recommend. I want to make game and that game make its hosting money. So paid game? any other solution ? so people pay thousand of dollar if they game go viral and then sell the game?
    Rich Watson
    @bahman_apl Can use the most inexpensive hosting you can find. I know someone who uses AWS and doesn't pay a dime, just not exactly sure how- only that I know a lot of work went into it to do that. Can make the game freemium to help with expenses. Put a price on certain aspects or limit it to free users, but not so much it hurts user experience. You can move forward with the adsense regardless, it will just take quite a bit of traffic to generate revenue- would need to calculate how much traffic you bring in, and how much you earn each month, then calculate how many days/weeks/months it will take to cover hosting expense.
    Antall Kriszta
    Köszi az infót. Én is szeretném ezt tudni, ezért keresem a neten, és örülök, hogy megtaláltam a bejegyzésedet. Amikor online keresgéltem, rátaláltam a https://kaszinoworld.com/wazamba/ weboldalra is, ahol a wazamba kaszinójátékról értesültem. Szeretek kaszinó játékokkal játszani, és ezért érdeklődtem a játék iránt.