• Subscribe
  • If your screen time was a person, would they be your best friend or your clingy ex?

Amit Arora
    4 replies
    📃 I recently read an article titled "How Much Screen Time Is Too Much For Adults?" on Health.com, and it really made me think. According to the article, the average adult spends about 6 hours and 37 minutes a day on screens. That’s a lot of time! During the pandemic, some people were spending up to 17.5 hours a day on screens, which is like living in front of your phone or computer. 📌 When I checked my own screen time, I was shocked to see it was around 5 hours a day. I was like, "Whoa, that’s way more than I thought!" It’s crazy how quickly time can fly when you’re scrolling through social media or binge-watching shows. 🙍🏿‍♀️The article also mentioned how too much screen time can mess with our health. It can lead to issues like neck pain, and eye strain, and even affect our sleep. It’s not just about how much time we spend, but also what we’re doing with that time. 💬 So, let’s think about it. If your screen time was a person, would they be your best friend or your clingy ex? Maybe it’s time to take a break and find a balance. What do you guys think? I’m working on reducing my screen time and will share the methods I’m using in my next discussion.

Replies

Odette Celeste Montgomery
    Haha mine is definitely a clingy ex! 😅 Always demanding attention, getting jealous of my other activities, and making me feel guilty for spending time away. I try to set boundaries but it's a constant struggle. Anyone have tips for a healthier relationship with screen time?
    Monty Parin
    Basically It's a clingy ex for me 😬
    David Richard
    I'm starting to feel like a prisoner to my screen 😥😥
    Lachlan Bryce Shepherd
    The term 'clingy ex' resonates with me too! My screen time is always 'blowing up my phone' with notifications and begging for attention. I know I should set better boundaries, but the FOMO is real 😅 Guess it's time for that 'digital detox' everyone keeps talking about!