• Subscribe
  • If you could live 2023 all over again, what would you do different? (lessons for 2024)

Murat ⚡
    0 replies
    I'm putting together a list to put on my wall: What else would you add? 1/On Visualization: +I'd would think hard and more often about the problem statement: +What would I like to be great at? +What would I like to be known for? +What problem am I solving, who is it for, what is it for? 2/On Getting Started +I'd care less about discipline and more about generating enthusiasm. By painting an exciting picture of the future. By priming myself to bring energy to the work. 3/On Action & Consistency: +Less planning, more execution. +Less pivoting, more compounding Never building something that I'm not interested in improving over time. 4/On Focus & Outcomes +I'd spend my days doing one of two things 1/ Building and Improving 2/ Talking to customers (1 to 1 marketing and selling) More focusing on 20% of activities that drive 80& of values. 5/On Trends +I'd worry less about the changing tech and trends, and worry more about the constant human nature. +Technology changes, humans don't 6/On Positioning & Differentiation +I'd express my raw, instinctual, spiky opinions more. +I'd be more mission oriented, trying to make a difference. +Be more confident with my unusual solutions for obvious problems No more trying to fit the bill. 7/On Communication +I'd do less people pleasing and more people alienating. +I'd tell more interesting stories and less boring facts. 8/On Sharing +I'd do less hoarding and more caring for others. +I'd built sharing into my daily workflow. +Education is the best form of marketing and it's a positive sum game. 9/On Outcomes & Clarity +I'd develop a through-line across the user journey. +I'd sell outcomes and not the processes or features. +Measurable, quantifiable, time-bound results. A goal to reach. A story that resonates. A new experience. No more talking about a quarter-inch drill. 10/On Networking and Collaboration +I'd try to be less of a lone genius and try harder to be part of an ambitious group of people. +I'd be more involved with the communities around my interests. New motto: Send more DMs to do dope things with cool people. 11/On Clients +I'd fire low quality, low pay clients faster to make room for better opportunities. 12/On Continuous Improvement +I'd ship faster and more often for faster feedback loops and validation. +Producing a large quantity of work in a short amount of time is the answer. +I'd be more creative in collecting feedback & data. No more developing things in my cabin for 6 months just to launch products no one is interested in. --- What else would you add?
    🤔
    No comments yet be the first to help