I was in LinkedIn's TOP 200 creators worldwide. AMA!

Olena Bomko
45 replies
What questions do you have about LinkedIn organic growth? I'm preparing my LinkedIn Inbound Playbook. I want to include all your questions. If you're interested, here's a link to receive a notification when it's live: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...

Replies

Yulia Olennikova
Virality vs consitency: is it more important to concentrate on going to trends or on consistency of posting?
Olena Bomko
@yulia_olennikova Consistency wins. But if you're consistent + notice/analyze what works, you'll go viral 100%. Yulia, happy to see you here :)
Relja Denic
Congrats! 1. Is it good to post more then once a day? 2. Should we combine linkedin outreach for growth? 3. Where should we put the link if we are posting, some say comment, other inside the post and many other information. What is your advice? 4. Video or carousel? 5. Do you have content plan and how should we approach it?
Olena Bomko
@relja_denic 1. No. Only if you have a VERY big audience. 2. I think you should connect with people, engage some time with their content, and then send a friendly DM. Cold DMs work too, but you should be very relevant/have a good trigger. I prefer inbound. 3. In the comments. 4. Both works. Depends on what you prefer. Carousels get more engagement. And with video, you build better relationships (people think they know you). 5. I had when I started. Now, I post what is relevant to my clients' work and personal projects. LinkedIn content is just a byproduct of my main work.
@relja_denic @olenabomko Thank you for this Olena that's really useful!
That's great, Olena! Share your 5 important pointers for someone who's building a product and just starting to create content on LinkedIn.
Olena Bomko
@senthil99nathan 1. Connect with your target audience. 2. Comment on their content. 3. Listen to what's interesting for them/their pain points. 4. Optimize your profile 5. Start publishing relevant content. Thank you!
Anjanay Saxena
LinkedIn Inbound Playbook sounds delicious. Two questions- 1. Did you intend on the title given to you? 2. What's the key learning in your organic growth [think of this like a CTA to your Playbook :) ]
Excellent Olena, respect the hustle!
Tyler Loyd
Wow, that's huge. Congrats. I have a simple question, where to start from on linkedin?
Olena Bomko
@amirsohail9 Thank you! Add active people on LinkedIn (your target audience and peers) and start commenting on their posts. Optimize your LI profile.
Maria Noemi Hernandez
You deserve it Olena! I can't wait to read your playbook!
Olena Bomko
@mimih_arteaga When will you launch? Share your page. I want to support, too :)
You are an inspiration!!
adam albo
Hi olena 1) Key things that are most important about your profile (besides the picture) 2) Let's say you know who is your audience, One or two hints on writing something that gets the attention
Olena Bomko
@suchback Hi :) 1. Clarity on - What you do (what is your offer) - Who you help (who is your target audience) 2. Scan your 10 ideal customers' LinkedIn activity. Analyze what is interesting for them (what they like/comment). Write about the popular topic and add your Point of view (create an infographic). Don't start with posting. Start with commenting.
Olena Bomko
@suchback Thank you :) The most difficult part is to stay consistent. It can be exhausting in the beginning.
Daniel Burns
Congratulations Olena, that's a remarkable achievement! If you don't mind me, I'd ask you a couple of questions then: 1. Did you only go with organic or also sponsored content? 2. How frequent did you post? How frequent did you monitor your analytics? 3. What type of posts got the most engagement, in your case? 4. Did you join LinkedIn private groups? Did you see any growth within those?
Olena Bomko
@testifi 1. Only organic. 0 cold outreach. 0 sponsored content 2. I started with 2-3 times per week. Now, I post 3-6 per week. 3. "How-to" useful carousels + I create memes (people love it) 4. No. Thank you!
Nathan May
Twitter vs. LinkedIn for building a personal brand - similarities/differences?
Olena Bomko
@nathan_may1 Depends on who you are/ who your audience is/ what is your main goal. Consistency works everywhere :)
Simon Peter Damian
Congrats Olena!!! 🎉 🎊 whoop whoop 🙌
Michael L
Congratulations!
Prem Saini
Congratulations Olena! You deserve it
Christopher Nguyen
Your growth and engagement on LinkedIn is phenomenal! Can't wait to see the launch
Jai Singhal
That’s huge! Keep it going 🎉