I want to learn SEO and Marketing, recommendations?

Himanshu
3 replies
My background is primarily Engineering, and would like to grow my skills. What books, courses, videos would you recommend to learn SEO and Marketing (in no particular order, paid or unpaid)? I'm looking to learn foundational (first principles) knowlege in these domains

Replies

Ignacio Assis
Books about Marketing: "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" by Robert Cialdini. "Contagious: How to Build Word of Mouth in the Digital Age" by Jonah Berger. "Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die" by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. Online courses: Coursera and edX offer courses on SEO and Digital Marketing. HubSpot Academy and Google Digital Garage have free courses. YouTube Videos and Channels: Moz, Ahrefs, Neil Patel, and Backlinko all offer valuable educational resources on their channels. Those are some of the things I would recommend you start with, but primarily there is nothing better than first being an expert in your product. I would love to connect and be able to talk and exchange ideas.
mamarika
You should choose a specific niche that you want to work with as it is more effective. Each niche may require a different approach. Think about it. You can also find many courses from top seo-experts on the internet. For example, I have chosen to focus on the cbd niche. Yes, I agree, strange decision) I started small and studied different agencies for this niche. One of them was cbd seo agency https://cbdseoagency.co/ . Next, I started taking different courses and reading a lot.
Himanshu
@new_user_3061b02691f08 thank you for your suggestion. I'm hoping PH community might have specific recommendation from personal experiences.