I want to help you out!

Neel Patel
30 replies
Hey guys, Really happy that my contributions here have been acknowledged by PH tribe and nomination for the community member of 2023 proves I was doing something right :))) The guy with a purple background is looking to help folks out with their launches. Probably hard for me to help 1 on 1 but happy to explore other ways. I'd love get suggestion from the community in what ways they need help.

Replies

Claire Oswald
@neelptl2602 very well deserved! I'd love see "ok you've launched on PH, now what?" i.e. I'd love to see what you'd recommend as fast follows on the day-of a product launch.
Lisa Steingold
So well deserved @neelptl2602 🎉 My ideas would be (given we haven't yet launched on PH) - Maybe you can publish your best kept secrets on launching? 😉 - Give feedback on a launch on a particular day? - Comment on the best launch of the week / month? 💭 PS If you have a sec please do upvote https://www.producthunt.com/post... as they're launching today. No I don't work for them 😹, just loved the concept Keep shining and thank you always for your contribution!
Neel Patel
@lisa_steingold1 love the ideas. Sharing best of the best pre-launches on all my networks would be great.
That's so kind of you, @neelptl2602!!! As @lisa_steingold1 mentioned, we are launching today. I hope you can help spreading the word. A solo founder needs your help 🙂
Nicolas Gromer
Hi Neel! Thanks! We plan to run several launches on a monthly basis for free tools that we're releasing. What would be your approach? Building a solid pool of upvoters or for each new launch, you would look for new upvoters?
Neel Patel
@nicolas_gromer I think a mix of both worlds can help :) The strategy is great. We are thinking similar. We can chat sometime :)
Nicolas Gromer
@neelptl2602 I'd be happy to have a call for a few minutes to discuss our respective projects. I think it would be interesting to share our approach with these two groups of people. Here is my lemcal; let me know if you can't find a slot that suit you :) https://app.lemcal.com/@nicolas-...
Yogita Gholap
Thank you, @neelptl2602! Your kindness is truly appreciated. I'll certainly comment again on this discussion when we launch. Your reach will help us connect with more people and attract the right audience!
Sia
@neelptl2602 Let's connect on X and LinkedIn?
Neel Patel
@siavoshzarrasvand already connected on X :) What's your LI?
Congrats, Neel. Glad to see you starting this year with the same generous mindset again! I just hunted a product (not mine) because I find the business model fascinating: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Would love to hear what you (and others) think of this model. It's a Slack alternative that only requires a one-time payment and buyers can use it forever. Made by 37signals.
Neel Patel
@jgani Once is a great concept. Blew my mind when I read about it recently. Something like this resonates much more when you already have something in mind along the lines. Truly great find!
@neelptl2602 Thanks for sharing your opinion thoughtfully. The fact that they're giving away the whole source code broadens their customer base. I suspect some people will buy it just to learn how to code :)
Hi @neelptl2602 maybe you can share your view on how much product there needs to be before you launch it here? We planning to launch postline.ai and researchmate.ai soon but there is sooo much i want to add. Some people say: Launch rather earlier than later, some suggest to have at least a payment function and enough features to monetize. Its always easier to help other people, but when its your own baby my emotions always take over ;) Anyways, thanks for being here and supporting everyone. Been here just for 2 days and this community seems so freaking amazing...
Neel Patel
@grocerius Very nuanced if you ask me. There are no rules tbh. I can share a few pointer to consider but it's upto you to decide the best for yourself.
Sophia Williams
Congrats on the nomination, Neel! Your offer to help is as generous as it is needed; perhaps a webinar or AMA session on launch strategies could reach and benefit many of us here.
I agree with @lisa_steingold1 ! Sharing your ideas on how to best utilize PH for launches as well as how to continually build would be helpful to many of us!
Neel Patel
@lisa_steingold1 @ambiencelife I think a lot has been already written that I followed. May be I can compile a list and share.
Rince Sebastian
Thanks @neelptl2602 ! We're about to launch our plugin: https://www.producthunt.com/prod... on Product Hunt. Do you have any tips or important considerations for us before our launch this week? We'd really appreciate any insights you could share 🙌!