I've achieved a revenue of $1,000 with an iOS app, but now I'm struggling with PMF

Daisy Do
5 replies
Three months ago, I launched an iOS app - Kikocard, that started as a project to address my own need to make social media posts easier and quicker with aesthetic layout. I was thrilled when the app quickly began generating revenue, hitting the $1,000 mark. This early success was both exciting and promising. However, as I began to consider scaling up, I encountered a significant challenge. I found it difficult to identify a specific demand or market segment that resonates with my app. This has left me at a loss when it comes to marketing strategies, as I'm unsure where to find my target audience. My app offers unique and niche functionality, setting it apart from larger graphic design tools in the market. Yet, this unique and niche appeal has made it challenging to find the right audience for promotion. The question now is whether I should continue to iterate and refine this product or pivot to create an application that aligns more closely with a product-market fit scenario. I'm at a crossroads and seeking advice from experienced entrepreneurs and marketers. Should I invest more time and resources into optimizing my current app, or is it time to reassess and develop a new product that has a clearer market demand?

Replies

Vinod Katam
The fact that you reached $1,000 in revenue says that people are ready to pay for your product, meaning, to some extent, it is solving the problems that they are facing. Instead of building a new product, would recommend you to work on making your product better to achieve PMF. Talk to customers who paid and the ones that dint. You built a product based on the pain points that you were encountering. Once you have understanding of the pain points of a larger group, you will get a holistic view on how to approach, which will help you achieve product market fit IMO.
Andreas Sohns
Congrats on reaching $ 1,000 in revenue. I would recommend talking to your current users to understand what they like and need. Their feedback can help you decide if you should improve Kikocard or create something new that fits the market better.
Daisy Do
@andreas_sohns Thanks Andreas! We've reached some of our customers, they are makers, social media operators and creators.
Gurkaran Singh
Hey there, it sounds like you've built the app version of a hidden gem! Like sifting through a vintage store, sometimes the perfect fit takes a bit of digging. Have you thought about A/B testing different marketing approaches to uncover the treasure trove of users waiting to discover Kikocard's magic?