I own the domain get.me - any creative product ideas?

Andi G
8 replies
I still own this domain and i feel its super good when paired with a good product idea. Something simple thats fun, easy to develop and makes a little bit of money...Do any creative ideas come to mind? I was thinking along the lines of the one million dollar website (some of you might remember that) but i cant quite put my finger on it, its missing a new twist. but the idea of selling pixels on it might be fun. Other than that I was thinking of doing some sort of startup listing community (but there are so many of them)... Also its something with user profiles/names might of course be fitting (get.me/username - is a nice url) Or maybe simply selling mail addresses...I don't know. Im not creative right now, thought maybe some of you have a nice idea ;)

Replies

Marc Bovenzi
It could be a dating site with the saying "You get.me"
I think the biggest vibe right now is that a human being wants to be heard, wants their identity to be recognized, and wants to know that they matter. Perhaps you could do some kind of profile service like the old MySpace where the primary feature is the profile (as opposed to Facebook and others which became all about what you have to say right now).
Zaid Al Kazemi
Great domain. I would contact the postmates or doordash people. But that’s a great business model for that name, get me snacks. get me groceries.
Vincent Xu
Andreas, how about leveraging get.me for a personalized goal-setting platform where users can create profiles to track and share their achievements? It could blend social networking with productivity, offering a unique twist by allowing friends to 'get' insights into each other's goals and progress.
@cen_xu sounds nice. It could be something that not just highlights achievements but also fails, as we grow with our failures etc. Question is if the target audience are going to be friends (could be that those already know anyways) or more like followers in terms of a startup/product or influencer/CEO etc. I mean we could connect to a few platforms and integrate for instance - crunchbase to see funding round results - Shopify to "prove" revenue (i see so many people on twitter saying "i made 1M revenue last month" and every comment below that: "prove it" :D ) - maybe others to provide accountability and proof of achievements? Maybe thats the core: Accountability and proof of achievements. I like where this is going....
@cen_xu integrate with: - google analytics: For website visits - Social media: Follower count/engagement goals etc
Gaurav
You could do something similar to gumroad, let the users create store and list their products. get.me/some-product
Kevin Goldstein
I would set it up so that a small one-time payment ($0.99) registers someone a path of their choice ( get.me/somepath ) but have a small number of options of what to do with your path. Such as url forwarding, a linktree type page of links, an e-commerce page that could sell a small number of items, etc. Allow the user to change between those options at will.