I made $2,300 in sales one week after launching my product

Gwendal Brossard
2 replies
I launched PaletteBrain ( https://palettebrain.com ) on April 24th and made over $2,300 in sales by May 1st. Now that I have some free time, I want to share my experience about this successful launch. PaletteBrain is a macOS application that allows users to use ChatGPT across all their applications using a shortcut. Users can create their own custom templates and assign shortcuts to them. 1. Why did I build PaletteBrain? I've been a ChatGPT user since its launch, and I upgraded to ChatGPT Plus as soon as it was made available. It quickly changed the way I was working and became the tool I was using the most throughout the day. Though it's a great product, it is super annoying to manually copy and paste text, write the same prompt every time, etc... I decided to build a product that would fix those issues I had, and I started building PaletteBrain. I initially built it for my personal use and didn't plan to sell it, but I figured if it was useful for me, it would be useful for others as well. 2. How long did it take to build the product? In total, it took me less than 3 weeks to fully build the product and release the public version. Before releasing it to the public, I made a beta version that was accessible to a selected group of users for about a week. 3. How did I promote PaletteBrain? - Reddit: I wrote a few posts on different relevant subreddits (r/ChatGPT, r/SideProject, etc...). The posts were simple 1-minute videos showcasing how PaletteBrain works. You don't need to write a 10-page essay for your post as a picture or a video will always have more impact than text. Some of them became the top posts of the day and brought a lot of visitors to PaletteBrain. It is by far where I got the most traffic to my website. - AI Directories: There are a lot of AI directories (futuretools, futurepedia, etc...) where you can submit your product and have it featured on their website. It is super easy to submit your product, it's (most of the time) free, and it's a great way to gain visibility for your product and reach potential customers who are interested in AI. - Twitter: Most of my recent tweets are talking about PaletteBrain and contain a link pointing to https://palettebrain.com 4. How did the launch go? During the first week, PaletteBrain received more than 3,300 unique visitors. I was absolutely not prepared to receive that much traction for PaletteBrain right from the start, and I quickly became overwhelmed by the amount of comments I had to reply to on Reddit/Twitter, and all the questions visitors were asking me via the chatbot on my website, or via emails. It was really hard to keep up with all those notifications coming from everywhere. After a few days, though, I figured out a better way to handle it all, and now things are going really well! I am still making sales every day, and I am pushing regular updates to PaletteBrain!

Replies

Ekrem Çetinkaya
Congrats on such a successful launch 🚀 I never thought of reddit to promote my product, thanks for the tip
Gwendal Brossard
@ekrcet Thanks! This is my first time promoting something on Reddit and it worked really well. I can only recommend it 😄