• Subscribe
  • I'm Elif, Co-founder and CEO of BeforeSunset AI. We became the product of the day, week, month. AMA

Elif Duran
    76 replies
    Hello everyone! We launched BeforeSunset AI (https://www.beforesunset.ai/) in June and we became the product of the day, week, and month! šŸŒŸ We have 1777 upvotes and 422 comments currently, our number of upvotes and comments continued to increase after the launch šŸš€ Thank you to all the product hunters who support us. We gained a lot of momentum after the launch and created a great power user base āœØ We are happy to answer all of your questions. I and our growth lead Nur will answer all of them on 11th August.

Replies

Julien Zmiro
    Intercom
    Intercom
    Top Product
    Well done! I'm curious: How did you spread out your outreach to get upvotes? Did you ask as many people as early as possible or did you ask smaller batches throughout the day?
    Flora WU
    Kyligence Copilot
    Kyligence Copilot
    @zmiro cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    @zmiro As a marketing team, we used a daily time-block strategy to reach out to people. We used to hold small team competitions and award a prize to the person who reached the most people, which increased team motivation.
    Ivan Dudin
    Great product! I'm going to try using it that's all =)
    Frank Sondors
    We're looking to be #1 in October. Do share some tips.
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    @profy17 Try to find motivating and fun ways to involve your team as much as possible in preparing for the launch process, it is definitely teamwork. Preparing launch assets is also important. You should engage with the community to get the most out of it.
    Hadi Farnoud
    we launched today, hopefully can become product of the week as well https://www.producthunt.com/post... appreciate upvotes and your feedback in comments šŸ™šŸ»
    Igor Botvinyev
    Congrats on achieving outstanding results!
    Steve Lou
    Congrats! :) What's your main acquisition channel after the launch? Thanks!
    Elif Duran
    BeforeSunset AI
    @steve_lourdessamy The main channel is the hype that we created, people are coming directly mostly. We are focusing on SEO and social media activities and currently doing some trial influencer marketing to understand which channel is the best for us.
    Hricha Shandily
    Congratulations on the product and the successful launch Elif, always heartwarming to see stories like this. :)
    Launching soon!
    Wow. Congratulations Elif. What was the best strategy that improved your promotion/exposure to the product?
    Elif Duran
    BeforeSunset AI
    @omnathpp Thank you! I can say it was creating hype before the launch. People were very excited about what was coming, and they wanted to share BeforeSunset AI with their community too āœØ
    Sanket Goyal
    Congratulations on the remarkable success of beforeSunset AI! šŸŒŸ It's inspiring to witness such rapid growth in upvotes and engagement. Your product clearly resonates with the community. Can you share any insights about the key features that have contributed to building such a strong power user base?
    Elif Duran
    BeforeSunset AI
    @sanket_goyal If you'd ask for the Product Hunt, I would say engaging and collaborating with the community šŸŒŸ
    Alex Chepovoi
    Why sometimes products with significantly lower upvote/comment count overtake other products?
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    @alex_chepovoi While I can't be 100% sure, I do know that upvote values have to do with the profile. In Product Hunt, the upvote value of an active account, the number of followers, the number of streaks, and an account with more points are different from the upvote value of a newly opened account.
    Mila Bronshtein
    Excellent results, congrats! šŸ¦„
    Oxana
    Elif, congrats all the team with such a great results! Can you please tell how the PH launch impacted on overall product development? And how many of the upvotes become a real users? Thanks!
    Elif Duran
    BeforeSunset AI
    @oxana_ivanova In 1 month, we reached to ā˜€ļø 7,400+ new users šŸ‘€ 38,300+ visitors The Product Hunt launch was the beginning point, that's why I can say it is more than just upvote numbers.
    Luke Skyward
    Congrats! How did you promote your product outside of Product Hunt?
    Flora WU
    Kyligence Copilot
    Kyligence Copilot
    @olearningcurve Curious too! BTW, cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
    Luke Skyward
    @flora_wu Nice! Your product sounds cool as well. I used OpenAI through Langchain to build my database. The product itself has two modes - one powered by OpenAI and the second one is not.
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    @olearningcurve Thank you, Luke! Actually, we had ongoing marketing efforts. We announced our launch with a press release and on all our social media platforms.
    Soumil Rathi
    SkillPool
    Launching soon!
    @zekiye_nur_kesici What was your form of press release and how did you draw attention to it?
    Emma Mchugh
    @olearningcurve @zekiye_nur_kesici did you have a dedicated person or team for Marketing, I am a co-founder, there is just 2 of us at the moment so wondering do I try to market myself or get some help!
    Carl Brenner
    Ceacle Tools
    Ceacle Tools
    Launching soon!
    Your product's hit is remarkable! As a maestro behind this masterpiece, what would be the most important things to learn in order to achieve such harmonious recognition?
    Elif Duran
    BeforeSunset AI
    @carlbrenner Thanks Carl! I can say collaboration stands out as the cornerstone for achieving this objective, where a team aligns its efforts toward a shared goal and stands together in unity to attain it.
    Rahul Aluri
    Congratulations @elifduran! Can you please share one or two most significant strategies that really worked well for you?
    Flora WU
    Kyligence Copilot
    Kyligence Copilot
    @elifduran @rahul_aluri cool product and notified! Mine is powered by openAI, and you are more than welcomed to leave your support:)
    Rahul Aluri
    Thanks @flora_wu you are building something super interesting! Got notified. Would love to support :)
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    @elifduran @rahul_aluri Time-blocking strategy for the product hunt launch process. We tried time-blocking for outreach and it both motivated us as a team and increased our efficiency.
    Shekhar Kushwaha
    Elif, congratulations on this fantastic achievement! The journey of Before-Sunset AI's launch is truly motivating and offers a lot to learn from. Thank you for sharing your experience! With SayData's launch just a week away, scheduled for August 17th, I would greatly appreciate any insights you can provide regarding effective outreach strategies to enhance our pre-launch support. Your guidance means a lot. Feel free to take a look at our launch page: https://www.producthunt.com/prod... Thank you so much for your valuable support, Elif!
    Elif Duran
    BeforeSunset AI
    @shekhar_kushwaha I'd recommend reading our Product Hunt (PH) launch blog and watching the webinar. There are tips that you can utilize. In short, I'd suggest remaining as active as possible in discussions, engaging, and conversing with the community.