I'm Ankur, Creator of AutoGPT(On Browser). Ask me anything(AMA)!

Ankur Singh
14 replies
We are going live with AutoGPT on the browser https://www.producthunt.com/post... today. AutoGPT on the browser lets AI "agents" operate autonomously to complete tasks for you. Let's chat about all things community, AI, ChatGPT, product development, growth and beyond. I am here to answer any and all of your questions. So fire away!

Replies

Ahsan Mansoor
Hi Ankur! That's great that you've created AutoGPT on Browser. Can you tell us more about what AutoGPT is and how it works? What inspired you to create it?
Tej Garikapati
Congratulations 🎉 What were your pre launch strategies? How do you plan to onboard your first 1000 users. How do you plan the pricing structure for something built on top of openai api? I see you have asked the users to enter their own api. Do you think there is a way around that? I believe most websites ask for your own openai key, but that adds friction to UX. Also, if you are asking them to enter their own api key, what will you charge them? Does it mean the person has to make payments once to autogpt and once to open ai? If you go with the free model(as in the person just pays for their openai api to openai), how do you plan on being profitable? Sorry if I asked too many..lol..I was really curious behind the business model. Thanks and All the best👍 cheers!
Suraj Kadam
How is it different than actual AutoGPT?
Nuno Reis
Hey Ankur, I've been following you for a while. You've launched a lot of products. How is this working out financially rather than launching just one and focusing on growing it? Also, how do you get the first users, is it just through Product Hunt, or you hustle elsewhere?
Ankur Singh
@nuno_ms_reis These are free tools in the AI space and we don't monetise using them. We use Twitter to acquire early customers with PH launches.
Abhinav Gulyani
How many credits in $ do you think it should consume in a single mission once executed?
Ankur Singh
@aby I think Shreyas from our team has replied to the same question on the PH page. Pasting the reply here "Hi Abhinav, we haven't yet gotten a good estimate on a gpt3.5 key, but definitely is way lesser than a gpt4 one. GPT-4 key costed us almost 0.75cents to a dollar for a single mission for reference on a complex task on continuous mode. That's why we have disabled continuous mode for this and you have the choice to continue after every result, do check it out".
Sue
Congratulations~