I'm a founder and head of design at a digital design studio nemomakes.com

Gene Nemirovsky
4 replies
Currently in the process of changing my business model from basic service-based to productizing my services into a monthly subscription. Wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this.

Replies

Kathryn Howard
Awesome to meet you! As a fellow designer, I'm curious to know how you manage to balance the creative process with the business demands of your role as a founder, and if there are any unique design philosophies or methodologies that your studio adheres to at NemoMakes.com?
Gene Nemirovsky
@kathrynh_33 It's nice to meet you as well Kathryn. Balancing those certainly isn't easy. I often find myself gravitating towards one or the other at various times, even though I prefer to stay in the creative process and dealing with clients. I will be looking for a partner that will handle business development. As for methodologies, we focus heavy on understanding the user and creating user-centric experiences, validating the work with our clients, and building long-term relationships with them. What is your goal as a designer?
Jason Garcia
what key insights have you gained in the intersection of technology and design, and how have these insights shaped the services you offer at Nemomakes.com?
Gene Nemirovsky
@jgarcia83_jg well I'm a designer through and through with some technical knowledge. In my experience, design stands at the foundation of most things, be it UI/UX design, industrial design, interior design, architecture, electrical engineering. Everything needs to be design, including technology.