I found a SEO Hack: We went from Page 2 to Page 1 of Google in 24 hours

Nithin Jawahar
19 replies
Recently, one of our website's directory page called "Places to Promote Your Startup", was ranking in the second page of Google. This page was already a good traffic source for our website, So I began researching what I needed to do to bring it to Page 1 of Google 📈 When I started digging, I noticed that all competitor websites that were ranking on top of our page had a number in their meta title, which our page didn’t have at that time. So I added a number to the meta title of our page hoping it would improve our rankings. I change the meta title of our page from, "Places to Promote Your Startup" To "75+ Places To Promote Your Startup For Free (2023)" The next day when I woke up, I was super surprised. Our page was now ranking in the first Page of Google 😍 I didn't know adding a number to your meta title can have such a big impact on SEO. That too within such quick time. So if you have a listicle or a resource directory on your website, Do try adding a number to your meta title. It is a low-hanging SEO hack that can give instant results 🍌

Replies

Katya Veremeichik
Great job! Algorithms are such algorithms :)
Nithin Jawahar
Yeah algorithms and also human psychology. Humans click more on posts with numbers and then algorithms recommend posts that get more clicks.It's a cycle.
Nuno Reis
Is this something to do with there being numbers in general or it was just because of your specific niche? This is interesting.
Nithin Jawahar
Numbers in titles are statistically found to have better CTR across niches. If there is a chance to have a number in your title/post, always try to have one Nuno.
Emma James
Some SEO strategy highly effective for google ranking and I also apply most effective in my website post worldbox mod apk.
Vlad Zivkovic
Yeah it does improve the rating, it's always better to add number to your title "list of 20 best websites" than "list of best websites".
The Product Dose
It's fantastic to see how a simple tweak to your meta title made such a significant impact on your rankings. Your resourceful approach and quick results are truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing this valuable tip with us. Adding a number to the meta title of listicles or resource directories is indeed a clever SEO hack worth trying. It's amazing how such a small adjustment can yield such quick and tangible results in terms of search visibility and potential traffic. Keep up the great work, and we look forward to hearing more from you! 🌟
Max Yamp
My question is: did you actually list 75+ places to promote a start up? If so, send me the list!! :D
Nithin Jawahar
Yes, I truly did 😅 You can check the list here Max: https://launchpedia.co/places-to...
Peyt Spencer Dewar
Nice! What were your steps?
Nic Polotnianko
That's an interesting lifehack. I've recently launched a seo-heavy website related to cocktails(https://cocktailwave.com) and in a lot of lists there are number(10/15/17/20 cocktails you should try) and I'm constantly puzzling why and how they choose these numbers. And what works for you? 75? Maybe if you make it 79 it'd be even better? These magic numbers are something very weird for me
John Lins
If you want to generate meta descriptions automatically, take a look at Loyae.com It crawls your site and generates meta data according to your content using AI. That being said, it will only include a number in your meta data if your content has numbers. Disclaimer: I'm the developer of Loyae Disclaimer 2: It's a WordPress plugin
John Williams
Yes, But sometimes the strategy of your SEO is good and you got a result earlier just like my website. (https://erstech.org/)