• Subscribe
  • I failed my first launch on Product Hunt. My mistakes and tips to avoid them - PART I

Gadir
    25 replies
    I launched my product a couple of weeks ago and didn't get the results I wanted. Link for you to check - https://www.producthunt.com/products/alev In my case, it's not the product itself. The problem is how I launched it. I did this with absolutely no preparation. This is the root of all evil Without preparation... šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø I registered on this platform and filled out my profile a little. I waited a couple of days and launched the project. That's all... I didn't do anything else. ... And failed miserably My product took 33rd place and I received 84 visitors to the site šŸ˜° How to avoid this? Although I did not get favorable results, I did gain experience. Invaluable and expensive experience. Here is a list of my tips that I currently follow myself: šŸ„‡ Set yourself a goal to take first place. This is of course banal, but it is mentally very important. You need to know that you are going to be the best šŸ”œ Create a teaser of your product. PH provides an excellent opportunity to gain an audience and hype around your product šŸ’Ž Create a collection and save daily the products that ranked TOP 3 for the day. Later, before launching, study them, find their weaknesses and strengths. This will help you improve your Launch Page šŸ”„ Support other products, write honest reviews for them, ask the right questions. Yes, this is also banal... But the system of this platform requires this, we must communicate with others. BUT please don't spam or use bots šŸš€ Participate in discussions. You yourself should partially talk about your product, create some kind of excitement so that the community remembers you and your product. And just the teaser will help them subscribe and not forget about the launch. Also, of course, you can read a lot of different interesting and useful stories there. šŸ¤ Bring your entire team to the launch. All of you should promote your product on this platform together. Together you can quickly and efficiently gain fans who will appreciate your product Remember: our main goal is to take first place. After all, by doing this you can get 3k-10k visitors to the site. These are real stories of people who share their stories in the Discussion section I have more valuable advices. I left them for the second part. If this article is useful to you, I will definitely write a second one. So give me feedback, please By the way, I will soon launch my second product. Take a look, I'm sure you'll be interested. I'll be waiting for you on launch day šŸ˜ - https://www.producthunt.com/products/toofan

Replies

Elen Udovichenko
    Thanks for sharing! This is a definition of turning your fail into a valuable learning experience :)
    Gadir
    @elen_u Yes, nothing happens without cause and effect. We should find benefit from every situation :)
    Jonathan Tahiry
    Nice insight šŸ™šŸ½ Wish you good luck for your next launch! I am sure your learning and experience will bear its fruit this time!
    Gadir
    @jonathantahiry Thanks, I will try my best to make the launch successful. And this will be a reason for other insights šŸ˜
    Ashleigh McCabe
    Thanks for sharing! We have just launched today and are having some success so far, hoping it continues throughout the day!
    Gadir
    @ashleigh_mccabe I'm glad you were interested in my article. I saw your launch and supported it because it's really cool. I liked your idea. Good luck!
    Ashleigh McCabe
    @gipetto Thanks! Let me know when you've launched, your product looks interesting!
    Gadir
    @ashleigh_mccabe Be sure to subscribe to the launch and you won't miss it :)
    Niamh McGlade
    This is really interesting @gipetto . Everyone likes to give tips on how they succeeded but it's just as important to look at the reasons why we maybe didn't do as well as we thought. We'll definitely be taking lots of learnings from our first launch today.
    Gadir
    @niamh_mcglade I'm very glad you liked it, good luck with your launch!
    Priya Agarwal
    Thank you for sharing this! We are launching soon and these tips are so helpful :)
    Gadir
    @priya_agarwal15 I'm glad my tips can help you, good luck šŸš€
    Kathleen Smith
    Thank u for the information
    George Aleesu
    Guess I'm part of your train!
    George Aleesu
    Thanks for the tips mate! Helpful
    Alex Shilin
    Thank you for sharing the list, Petto. Looking forward to your part II. What other channels have you used to drive the traffic on the day and after? Its not only the clicks on the day that counts, right.
    Gadir
    @alex_shilin Unfortunately, the feedback was very weak, so even the next day the traffic on the site disappeared šŸ™ˆ
    Alex Shilin
    @gipetto ahh. Painful. Organic traffic takes time to build. Also, keep in mind it takes google about 3 months to "trust" your content and the website. You can buy traffic and in many cases its worth doing as long as your conversion rates are good.
    Page McDonough
    This is helpful to keep in mind as we launch (TODAY!), thanks! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
    David G Ortega
    thanks for sharing, sometimes it does not go as expected but we learn from errors and I bet you that the next version of your product ;) will make it better.
    Zotang Waun
    Discover SASSA grants available to South African citizens. Learn about eligibility, application processes, and how to check your grant status. Find essential information on social grants and financial assistance programs. https://sassacheckup.co.za/