I don't think Threads can truly threaten Twitter.

LingLingFa.Gavin
13 replies
Does everyone remember Damus a few months ago? It was all the rage when it was first released, and everyone jumped on it to play. But now, in just a few months, it has completely been forgotten, right?

Replies

Amulya Prasad
The chaos of Twitter is hard to steal😅 But you'll never know
I'm just happy that Twitter has competition now.
Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
I believe it has the potential to become a formidable competitor in the future. Meta seems to have had a forward-thinking approach when they introduced it as an add-on for Instagram, indicating their focus on future developments and market trends.
Sia
I highly disagree and wrote a post on why it will take over Twitter. You can read it on LinkedIn. It is based on learnings from @eugenewei's blog post Status as a Service.
Nick Anisimov
And you are extremely right.
Irma Lafleur
I don't think so either. I don't think this will be the end of Twitter, it's too large & has too many loyal followers with large follower-bases. I actually wrote a debate on this exact topic - https://debates.db8.com/p/will-m...
André J
Launching soon!
Thing is. you carry over all your insta followers etc. So they can bootstrap the social graph from day 1. No other new SoMe has that leverage.
LingLingFa.Gavin
I see a kind of rhetoric claiming that Threads has reached 100 million users in three days, 200 million users in a week, on par with Twitter, and 500 million users in a month, dominating the market... This kind of rhetoric is reminiscent of the claims made last February about "completing a game in 1 hour and 22 minutes." Without saying anything else, let's start by consistently posting and commenting on Threads every day for a month. Acquiring users for social products is not easy, and even more challenging is retaining them for the long term.