How would you monetize my project colorsandfonts.com?

Michael Andreuzza
7 replies
So, I have recently updated one of my little projects https://colorsandfonts.com, added an MDX blog and 8 new very useful tools. I have recently rebuilt the whole thing using Astro, Tailwind CSS and vainilla JavaScript. Now is time to monetize it, it's been out since 2019, I have from 150 to 250 and more when someone links to it in any social media, which it happens often, it also has a domain rate of 45. I have also consider on selling the project. Any tip it's appreciate it, thank you in advance and have a good one :-) /Mike

Replies

Viktor Brešan
Affiliate links to UX/UI courses?
Vishal Rewari
you can check out mobbin, how they monetize you can create API based product to make your library available to other Softwares who will need this
Gurkaran Singh
Hey Mike! With your updated project featuring an MDX blog and new tools, monetizing colorsandfonts.com could involve exploring ad revenue, offering premium tool features, or even launching merchandise like "CSS is My Love Language" mugs for the design enthusiasts. The possibilities are as vast as a color palette in RGB!
Dani Schenker🇨🇭
You could check if there are any courses on udemy (and similar sites) where people can learn about color theory. These sites usually have affiliate programs. Maybe there is some related software you could promote? About the selling idea: You're just handing a problem over to someone else. The site isn't going to sell well as long as it doesn't make any money. Except, if you find a business that is so closely related, that they can use it as a marketing channel.
Michael Andreuzza
@danischenker i have sold two projects that were making zero money already. I tried affiliates ik the past, too much work for little roi. I am promoting my own project, lexingtonthemes.com but is not really the same audience...
Dani Schenker🇨🇭
@michael_andreuzza I've seen your Lexington ad, that's why I tried to come up with some better matching ideas 😉 Of course, if you are experienced in selling sites, then this could be the way to go 👍