• Subscribe
  • How to write clickable post titles (few tips) 😁

AKA: How to optimize your post titles for the explore page Choose the most direct message. Instead of: Why investing a huge chunk of your budget is overrated Try: Why paying for marketing is overrated Make your share specific: Instead of: How to stop wasting produce Try: Stop throwing away your banana peels Use 5th grade vocabulary Instead of: The unintended consequences of recycling plastic waste Try: Recycling is not sustainable. Here's why → Be clear instead of conversational Instead of: Why tat fad diet ain't gonna cut it Try: Why dieting won't help you lose weight Simplify your verbs Instead of: If using your email list to drive sales isn't working, try this → Try: If your emails aren't selling, try this → Cut out any unnecessary words Instead of: Why you really need to automate in order to finally grow your business Try: Why you need to automate to grow your business Write the way people actually talk Instead of: Should you be diffusing essential oils around your newborn baby? Try: Can you use essential oils around newborns? — Get in touch. I started with my newsletter so you can receive useful tips into your inbox. Just fill out the form: https://forms.gle/wmvKN5nhFTyiy4XT9

Replies

Great post. Clear and consiste for the win!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @slimmy82 Thank you! :-)
    AmazingSylvia
    Thank you for sharing babe!
    Anna Jack
    Make your titles specific. The more specific your title is, the more likely people are to click on it if they are interested in what you have to say. For example, instead of saying "How to Improve Your Website," you could say "How to Increase Website Traffic by 20% in 30 Days."
    George H
    I vote for "5th Grade Vocabulary." I can't understand many great projects on this site well.
    Kabir Haynes
    Use numbers. People love lists, so using numbers in your titles is a great way to pique their interest. For example, "10 Tips for Writing Clickable Post Titles" or "5 Secrets to Writing Headlines That Get Clicked."
    Jordan Allmark
    Are there benefits to having a more viewed post on product hunt? Is there an algorithm that pushes you out more?
    @jordan_from_lvh Kind of. Because if your discussions is trending, more people are interested in you. :-)
    Thanks for sharing Nika. I've seen someone take lists to the next level. "11 AI tools that will boost your productivity. The 8th one will surprise you." It's a cheeky trick but it almost worked. I really really wanted to click it :)
    @jgani Oh, nice to hear that those ideas are tempting! :-)