• Subscribe
  • How to start platform based product without having an initial existing audience

Zaid
    3 replies
    Hello everyone, I listen to many different founders and their stories on how they get started with their ideas and validated them through their existing audience. I have seen a common trait in all of them, they have an initial audience that believes in them and is their first customer. I have ideas that I want to work on which are more platform based like product hunt, and indie hackers, but I fear how can I get my first few users and validate the idea. I know making up an audience is also a part of the business, but right now I can't think I can leave everything and start creating an audience just because I want to launch something and want them to be my user. I believe creating an audience is a natural process and needs time. What advice would you give me in this position in order to get some validation on the idea and get some initial traction? Thank you

Replies

Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    We tapped into the community of a vast community on Discord that would find our app interesting
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    It would be best if you first determined how you’re going to market your product—through blogs, social media, free content, or paid marketing. As you come up with a way to market your platform, you can then build the product. You’ll have a hard time selling something if you haven’t spent time and effort on marketing it. You can start this way.
    Zaid
    @qudsia_ali Thank you so much for your answer, should I focus on creating an audience before creating anything? I want to validate the idea by just putting the idea online and getting emails of the peoples that are interested. Do you have some advice on how this could be achieve?