How to replace the CMO role with AI ?

Guillaume Dumortier
4 replies
Hey fellow marketers, I wanted to share my journey of how I transitioned from being a fractional/acting CMO to augmenting the scope of the role and accelerating pace with Gen-AI. It's been a wild ride. Fall 2022: The release of GPT-3.5 catches my attention like it did for many of us. Playing around with it, I was fascinated by its capabilities and potential. Winter 2023: The realization that AI could also potentially make my job obsolete as spurred me into action. I decided to harness AI instead of fearing it. I mapped out all my marketing knowledge and operating framework, focusing on growth/marketing fit. Without fully realizing it, I was becoming a prompt engineer with a marketing cape. Summer 2023: By the time GPT-4 was released, I had strengthened my prompt engineering skills. My marketing prompts for positioning, buyer's journey analysis, target audience analysis, SEO strategy, and campaign messaging were sharper than ever. I started operating my first projects and serving clients solely with AI-driven strategies. Fall 2023: The announcement of customGPT and the GPT store was exciting, but also quickly overshadowed by OpenAI's debacle. Despite this, I ported all my prompts to customGPTs. The experience was promising but not yet perfect, primarily due to its limitation to ChatGPT+ users. Early 2024: This limitation lit a fire under my a**. I built the tool I always wanted—a platform that could leverage my marketing prompts with increased productivity and efficiency. The results have been amazing: productivity and pace increased by 3 to 5 times, and we saw double-digit improvements in campaign engagement and conversion rates using AI outputs. My takeaways: AI is not replacing human jobs. It brings them faster to adding their value and critical eye on any given output/task. No-Code builders are winners: The empowerment revolution in AI will significantly benefit no-code builders. The ability to create complex systems without deep technical knowledge is a game-changer for marketers and businesses alike. The value of prompts: After AI models themselves, prompts have emerged as the second most valuable asset. A well-crafted prompt can unlock the vast potential of AI, providing tailored, insightful, and effective marketing strategies. This journey has been more than just about adopting new tech; it's been a total shift in how I view my role. Would love to hear your thoughts, experiences, and how you see AI shaping the future of marketing !

Replies

Marc Bovenzi
Simple answer, you shouldn't.
Bruno Leveque
Thanks for sharing — truly inspiring! Finally, someone who's embracing AI instead of solely seeing it as a threat. It's been a game-changer for us too at Meowtel, particularly from a marketing standpoint. We're not only saving a lot of time and energy daily but also broadening our perspectives. GPT is enabling us to better leverage our existing data to reach the right audience and craft messages that drive more conversions. Is the tool you built publicly available?
Guillaume Dumortier
Where are you mainly using AI in your growth marketing activities?
2 Answers