• Subscribe
  • How to prepare for the conference? Are you planning to go to any upcoming?

You may prefer to mingle offline and create business partnerships at events. 🤝 Yesterday I wrote an article on Substack and what to do before/during the conference (I left the link in the comments). ----- I would list the following: – Announcing exhibition details – dates, booths, map guide – Communicating your participation on social media and inside the event app – Preparing physical prospects – unified branded clothing, roll-ups, banners, business cards, company merch for attendees ----- What activities do you do when you prepare for one? Are there any conferences you want to attend soon?

Replies

Karthik Tatikonda
    I haven't been to any conferences lately. what are the conferences you attended recently?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @karthik_tatikonda The last one for me was the DevConference in Amsterdam. I would like to attend more. :D
    How to prepare for the conference? Guidelines: https://businessandmarketing.sub...
    @jackcheng1126 Jack, thank you! Haha, I was not able to attend many presentations :D but this one was a highlight (especially that thought).
    @nathancovey Thank you Nathan for kind words! :)
    jackCheng
    @busmark_w_nika that‘s very useful! thanks a lot and i like this "Sell value, not features"
    Alexander Galitsky
    Is there a guide for socially-anxious introverts tho?
    @ag94 Alex, this was created by antisocial introvert :D what more do you want? :D
    @ag94 But in general, be around your more extroverted colleague, as soon as other people join the herd, start with "hi, I can see you are listening too, join us, this is what we do... – put the product into their hands) :D
    Georgi Todorov
    @ag94 drink alcohol (joking) many people are introverts but once you get started it's getting easy.
    @ag94 @georgitodorovbg alcohol? :D no way! But it is Octoberfest so it makes sense :D
    Kamar Atas
    @busmark_w_nika its called. when an antisocial introvert person guiding people. and trust me, its work!
    Natalia Toth
    Haven't been to a conference for half a year now, but some of them create Facebook events which you can join and network with others even before the event starts! Or at least, you'll get a picture of who's going there and how you might approach them :)
    @natalia_toth do you have any of their official event website? I collect them for a later use :)
    Natalia Toth
    @busmark_w_nika no, it was some annual Marketing Conference in Budapest but I don't even remember the name, sorry :D
    Natalia Toth
    @busmark_w_nika yeah, and if you know of some worthy marketing conferences in CEE, please let me know, because I sometimes feel like all the good ones happen elsewhere 😬
    @natalia_toth I think that in Europe it is about Tech – Cyprus (Reflexfest), Slush – Finland, WebSummit – Portugal, Bits & Pretzels and Tech Open Air – Germany... Think that marketing is more in the US :D
    Natalia Toth
    @busmark_w_nika thanks a lot for sharing! WebSummit has been on my list for long. one day I'll make it there, and oh Portugal ❤️
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Its been a year i have joined any conference.
    @hamza_afzal_butt What was the last one? I try to collect info about them and maybe apply to some as media press.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika when i moved to germany i attened a event (the fourth Digital Marketing Meetup) in Berlin by Peak Ace AG. Check it: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/h...
    @hamza_afzal_butt Was it good? I noticed that in Europe there is not so many marketing conferences :/
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika It was good and most importantly the conference was in English otherwise normally people perfer German language.
    Janak Patel
    Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the event and meeting everyone.
    @janak_patel56 are you gonna also to Munich?
    Janak Patel
    @busmark_w_nika Not to Munich, I thought it would be online as well
    @janak_patel56 Unfortunately, not online. :/
    Elizabeth Green
    Thanks for the checklist, it’s actually super practical! I’m curious – what are your thoughts on using QR codes on banners instead of business cards? I’ve seen it getting more popular lately.
    I wouldn't use only QR codes – we use QR codes on business cards if the person wants to have more info. Using only one element can cause the lack of information. @lizagreen_
    Cedric Jude Hawthorne
    Pick topics relevant to your work and interests, plan logistics early, connect with speakers/attendees ahead of time, have biz cards ready, take breaks to process info. Going to SaaStr Annual next month to learn about scaling SaaS biz!
    @cedricjudehawthorne Do you mean this? https://www.saastr.com/events/ Enjoy the event. Are you presenting at the booth too?
    Leo Sebastian Callahan
    Never been to a conference before, but definitely aiming to attend a few this year to learn and network. To prepare, I'm reading through the conference website carefully, especially the agenda and speaker bios. Also reaching out to people I know who may be going. Want to have a game plan for sessions to attend and people to meet, while still leaving room for serendipity! Let me know if you have other prep tips that have worked for you.
    @leosebastiancallahan I think that all tips I had are already here :D https://businessandmarketing.sub...