• Subscribe
  • How to market your product on Reddit?

Luka Brzin
    7 replies
    I know a lot of people have a problem with this and they either get their post/comment removed or worse, they get shadowbanned. I wouldn't necessarily say I cracked the code but I think marketing on Reddit has brought us the most customers. Here is what I do: 1. I try to add value even before I start posting anything about a product (for example, find a subreddit that talks about the problem you are solving and then try to add value to that space with advice on how to solve it. DON'T USE AI!) --> I started doing this 4 months before our official launch. 2. Find specific subreddits about your niche and about the industry you are in (startup, saas, entrepreneur, etc... these are all subreddits with more than 100k members) 3. Engage in conversation in those subbreddits. People write about their problems, succesess, stories. Make sure you comment on that and build credibility. 4. Make sure you follow community guidelines (most of them don't allow marketing and that means no links or even mentions of your product). Don't skip this because it is very important to understand what you can and can not do in a particular subreddit. 5. Slide in their DMs. Once you have (kind of) established yourself, you can start sending private messages to people regarding your product. Again, do not just throw your product at them but rather approach it like this: Hey, I saw you have ***** problem, I have something that could help you solve it. Would you be interested in hearing more about it? PS. You have to understand that Reddit is not a place where marketing is very welcomed. People on Reddit actually hate it when you do this. But we can not deny the fact that it has a lot of users and potential users of our product. Soo, use it wisely and remember. It's all about adding value. For any more questions feel free to contact me on any other platform. Cheers, Luka

Replies

Anas Riad
    This is quality! I'm saving this and will use it for our SaaS.
    Nathan Covey
    Dang. This hit the nail on the head. I've been experimenting with marketing on Reddit and this saved me from a ton of likely mistakes. Thanks!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Luka, great overview! Thank you for sharing brief points!
    Goktug Can Simay
    Just commenting on related posts with CryptOn Forecast. You no longer need to spend hours analyzing charts. Click on the coins you want to trade and find out their future price. Cryptocurrencies Price Prediction Service - cryptonforecast.com
    Anas Riad
    @aaron_hays what do you think?
    Aaron Hays
    I love everything you said. You have to add value to get value. I'm a big Reddit user, and this all makes sense.