How to find a Hunter without burning a hole in my pocket?

Rajtilak Bhattacharjee
3 replies
I am creating a product that I plan to launch on Product Hunt. It is a Sign-language Translator with the following features: 1. Localization 2. Real-time subtitles 3. Voice-over for speaking with the visually challenged 4. Integration with existing communication tools like Zoom etc. I have created a prototype using Google Mediapipe that can recognize 6 basic hand gestures and predict them with a fair amount of accuracy. The plan is to move to a more matured model for prediction; probably a CNN or RNN model in TFLite. The problem is at present I am unemployed and out of funds. I spend my time creating open-source bots for Discord, Reddit etc. till I can find my next job or I can get enough funds to continue working on open-source projects. When I looked at the profile some of the hunters, I found out that their charges are way beyond my budget. So I wanted to know if I can find a decent Hunter on Product Hunt who would be willing to work pro bono considering my case. Any feedback, criticism, tips are always appreciated.

Replies

Sandy
i didn't know that people were charging to hunt products here ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Aaron O'Leary
You don't need to find a hunter at all! Most makers self-hunt their own products. Happy to answer any questions you might have about launching so you can be best prepared!
Rajtilak Bhattacharjee
@aaronoleary Thanks for the reply. I went through the launch checklist, I do have majority of the things ready. Just fine-tuning the documentation and the roadmap. However, this is an MVP, as in it can detect basic gestures like thumbs-up, peace, pointing up etc. But we have a long way to go since the final product would be a lot different and much more advanced. Apart from using TFLite and a CNN/RNN model, I also have plans to use voiceover from Eleven Labs and such. The only reason I am launching this now for people to know so that I can get the technical and financial aid that I dearly need since, as of now, I am a one man army and looking for contributors, donors, backers. I feel this launch would give the head start that I need. Do let me know if you have any feedback for me. And once again, thanks for your time.