• Subscribe
  • How to do marketing for SaaS as a beginner?

Naveen MC
    8 replies
    I build things. I use it myself. I feel shy about sharing with others and really scared about others' opinions. There are a lot like me. What's your number one tip for marketing the product in the right way?

Replies

Philip Snyder
    Delphi — Digital Clone Studio
    Delphi — Digital Clone Studio
    There isn't necessarily a "right" way to market a product, but I think the simplest way to get started is just talk to potential customers.
    Naveen MC
    Supabase
    Supabase
    Top Product
    @philipsnyder Like getting feedback from them?
    Lauren Thomas
    Do you have any other users yet? Getting them to vouch for you and sharing their testimonials as social proof could help you promote, without feeling like you're putting yourself out there. Good luck!
    Naveen MC
    Supabase
    Supabase
    Top Product
    @lauren_thomas4 Thanks for the cool idea. I can do that.
    Rachel Wong
    you can make a landing page and just fan it out to people (anonymously? posting on places? sharing via email?) and gauge public interest I always try to remember that it's more important to get feedback (even if people hate it!) than to build in private and not know if you're building something people want
    Naveen MC
    Supabase
    Supabase
    Top Product
    @rywong That's good point. Have seen people running Facebook, Instagram Ads just with a subscribe form.
    Sanat Mohanty
    @rywong sound advice. I'm following the same approach. Built a V1 version of landing page on Carrd (only copy, no visuals). While i work on product mock up, I plan to collect early feedback from selected folks from the community.