• Subscribe
  • How seriously are you taking customer-centricity when developing new products?

Janine N
    7 replies
    How many of you guys talk to potential users/customers before or during development of new products and services? And if you do, how do you go about recruiting and incentivising them?

Replies

Filippo Pietrantonio
    I think that in the first stages of your MVP development, you should talk to potential users as much as possible, just make sure to select the right "cohort". This makes it easier to understand the features that are most used and not, as well as what to build next (and most often those are not something you might have thought of). However, after this initial phase, I believe that you should hear what your customers have to say but not necessarily listen to them. If Henry Ford asked the people what they needed for better mobility, the would have told him a faster horse, certainly not a car :)
    Janine N
    @filippo_pietrantonio Well said! I think all in all it's important to strike a balance between listening to potential users and making up your own mind as to where you want to the product to go, what your vision is etc. One of the most interesting parts of product and feature development is synthesising the data you gather from research and interpret what they actually mean. Love the Henry Ford qoute.. It's very much on point.
    David Cagigas
    We are having a Product led growth! So our users and their feedback is most important to us! Free trial with no card information taken is the best way to go about it.
    Janine N
    @edworking Sounds like you're living the dream there :) I agree with removing all unnecessary barriers to entry. Is there anything you do to encourage users to give feedback or are they so invested that they give it to you fairly unprompted?
    David Cagigas
    @janine_nitz Our product as I said is rich in features so we've provided our users with a platform to give feedback for improvements and feature requests, etc. So our users are fairly invested to improve their daily work day.
    Home Moves Made Easy
    I love the swivel feature of gaming chairs. It allows for easy movement and accessibility, making it convenient to switch between gaming setups or reach for items nearby. https://bestergonomicgamingchair...