How often do you keep an eye on your competitors?

Vladimir Otchenash
9 replies
I'm interested in how the rest of founders are doing competitive analysis. What parameters of competitors do you track (traffic, pr publications, mentions in social networks, ect)? What tools are missing for this task?

Replies

Relja Denic
Once a week, I check updates, and blogs, sub to all the newsletters, and you just follow from time to time. You should not be obsessed to check every day, focus on your customers first, pick there feedback so you know what you will be doing next.
rebecca kim
You should be doing this on regular basis.
Alex Nix
@rebecca_kim1 or never do this since start to create with the fresh look. (but somehow you have to be sure about uniqueness of your product)
Alex Nix
Keeping an eye on competitors is essential but shouldn't become an obsession. The focus should be on improving your product and understanding your customers' needs. How do you balance this?
Once a week or so, I’d say
@vladimir_otchenash mhh, well mostly I just do a lot of google searches and try to hit the right keywords. I also use PH to inspect alternatives of the companies I found. Lately I’ve also been experimenting with gpt4 with browsing enabled, and I have to say: it works pretty well for competitor analysis
Daxeel Soni
I constantly monitor my competitors, though not obsessively. I believe it's essential to understand their strategies and improvements. Usually, I do a comprehensive review once a month where I check their online presence, products, and offerings. However, I also keep daily tabs on their social media and public announcements. Remember, it's important to focus more on your growth while staying aware of the competition.
Martin Perez
In the business world, keeping an eye on competitors is crucial. Companies often monitor their rivals regularly to stay updated on industry trends and adapt their strategies accordingly. The frequency of this monitoring can vary, but it's typically an ongoing process to ensure they remain competitive and can seize opportunities or address challenges as they arise.