How often do you give people something for free? (For example, freebies, ebooks, etc.)

And what do you offer?

Replies

Luke Skyward
I'm opensourcing my AI projects :)
Narendra Solanki
@olearningcurve Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you open source! I'm sure many developers and AI enthusiasts will appreciate you contributing your projects to the community. Are there any areas like development, maintenance, or collaboration where you could use help to make the open source process go smoothly?
Luke Skyward
@narendra_solanki My expertise is mostly in Data Science so development expertise would definitely help (e.g. frontend, scalable deployment). Building a community would also be a big one. So anyone who would like to talk about the things that are being built is welcomed!
Luke Skyward
@busmark_w_nika This is the project: https://www.producthunt.com/post... I'll also be sharing the whole process over next 30 days on my newsletter. Here are the details: https://twitter.com/Olearningcur...
Luke Skyward
@busmark_w_nika I've created a database of the Hubermanlab podcast. And I have an AI engine that does a semantic search based on user questions. Found podcast segments are used as context to LLM.
Narendra Solanki
I'm strategic about offering free content or products. I don't do it too often, as I don't want to dilute the value of my paid offerings. But I'll provide free samples or limited promotions every so often to give potential customers a chance to try out my products/services and see the quality for themselves It depends on the type of business. For my software product we often have a free version or trial period. This lets people test out the utility of what we're offering before making a commitment Offering something for free should be seen as an investment. It's not just about getting immediate returns but about building relationships, trust, and establishing a brand presence. However, it's essential to strike a balance. While it's great to give away freebies, it's also crucial to ensure your business remains profitable and that you're attracting the right kind of customers.
Business Marketing with Nika
@narendra_solanki How sensitive are the people when you, for example, increase the price? What they have been able to pay. What price difference?
Louis Garnier
If you want to educate your target and seen as an expert, all the time! Example: a niche market
Anthony Coleman
Because the summer is when we generate the least amount of cash, we frequently offer free trials or services.
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
I'm always giving free stuff... Give before you get. Gift before you ask.
Liz Worthy
Free is our business model - we offer unlimited hd image background removal. Once we have enough traffic, we'll eventually ad advertisements to the page. In order to offer incentives, we are now trying to figure out other offerings, like a free downloadable book on product photography.
@lizworthy Do you plan to upgrade your service for a fee? For example some additional features?
Liz Worthy
@busmark_w_nika It's a possibility, but our current business model is ad-based. Still, additional features, like the ability to add a background, could make our site appeal to more users and thus still inline with our ad-based model of generating revenue.
Daniel Zaitzow
I think there should always be a hook of some sort to get something from people: Emails / Sign-ups / Newsletter signups etc. Jab Jab Jab..... right hook or whatever that saying is. Give give give give and eventually ask.
@dzaitzow Sure. I build a community on Instagram, give them ideas for free on content, and educate them. A few weeks ago I started to ask emails that are used as filters.
Filip Ognjanovic
Carousels - 1 per week Blogs - 2 per month Webinars - 1 per month Ebooks, Guides, Checklists - 1 per Q + Interactive tools, but since it usually requires more people involved (devs) it's a one-time effort, and then you're promoting it for some period of time
David Mailing
It's all business- and context-specific, but I used to think you had to be super protective of your knowledge / product, etc. As I get older, I realize that it's not a lack of information that holds people back, it's a lack of execution. So I think generally, the more people give, it's a form of brand and business development. Since the majority of people won't fully execute on the information you share, they'll trust you to do it for them once they become serious enough to become a customer. Free trials especially help in tougher economic times when finances are scrutinized more heavily (if you have a good product). Thoughts?
@david_mailing Sometimes I am frightened because when we tend to give people things for free, they created a habit. And when we offered paid product, they became angry. What do you think about this pattern?
Tatiana Vdovychenko
Giving valuable resources for free can be a win-win strategy. It's like offering a sneak peek into your expertise. At JetSoftPro, we offer a free e-book on business automation that's packed with insights. It's a fair exchange: your email for knowledge. So, remember, giving isn't just about getting. It's about creating a connection that benefits both sides. Check out our e-book here: https://jetsoftpro.com/blog/the-...