How often do you buy SaaS products on Black Friday?

Lakshya Singh
15 replies

Replies

Philippe Wellens
I typically would not wait until black friday to buy a saas product - i make the purchasing decision on the spot when i need it
Lakshya Singh
@pwellens You remind me of something a friend of mine once said "If you are waiting for a sale to buy it, you don't really need it"
Darya Skorokhod
I don’t specifically search for discounts, but if I come across a great SaaS product with a good BF discount, I’ll definitely give it a try
Lakshya Singh
@darya_skd I think you are definitely going to try out some Saas products this BF then! The Ads for AI products will be all around you!
Aditya Chavan
@lakshya_singh Can't think of a SaaS product that I wanted so bad but was expensive, so I had to wait for Black Friday Sale. Black Friday sale usually triggers an impulse buy, where you know the product exists but its out of your budget through out the year so you wait for that black Friday sale. OR its a product that you use through out the day and black friday sale only sweetens the deal. So my recommendation for a SaaS product would be to focus on your email campaigns, try retargeting customers who loved the demo but did not purchase or existing customers you can make a bulk payment. For new customers I feel its gonna be tricky.
Lakshya Singh
@aditya_chavan3 You are right! In fact, it was first started in the 1950s as many people were impulsive to buy things after Thanksgiving and the Police had to control the crowd. They called it Black Friday. And you should definitely use that impulse if you are an entrepreneur.
Nevena Sofranic
If I use the tool I want to know about the BF deal, so If I got an email - I'd def buy to save.
Lakshya Singh
@nevena_sofranic Yeah, many of my friends are excited about BF just to renew the tools they are using. However, I mostly prefer LTDs.
Nick
I don't usually go for software on BF, but this year with all the tools coming out or currently out that I am using, I might purchase a couple.
Lakshya Singh
@reconcatlord There are some companies that launch LTDs during BF. Maybe you should look out for them.
Louisa Lu (launching soon)
I feel that i would go for actual shopping rather than SaaS shopping on black friday
Lakshya Singh
@louisa_lu1 Haha! I was always afraid of the heavy crowd in the market during that period. So I would rather prefer online shopping.
savio lavino
Not sure for SaaS product. But for other things, I do buy them on sales.
Barry Zheng
I tend to use Black Friday as a chance to renew subscriptions for SaaS products I already use and love. The discounts make it worthwhile, and it's a way to support the companies behind the tools I rely on.