How often do you actually appear on camera in virtual meetings? Do you like having video meetings?

Lacey Winter
8 replies
I am a very camera shy person so back to back on camera meetings really drain me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

Jay and Lucy
Depends on the meeting and what everyone else on the call is doing. But generally off of camera except for one on ones. I just tell people I'm eating so that's why I'm not on camera.
Justin Macorin
I try to appear all the time. Working on innovative products/products while being remote can be challenging... So I try to use video to help with overall communication. It is said that 55% of communication is nonverbal! 😱
Aqib Bhutta
@macorin I always appear on camera in virtual meetings. I find that it helps me to be more engaged and to feel more connected to the other people in the meeting. I also think that it helps to build trust and rapport. I do like having < href="https://spotibuzz.com">video meetings, but I think it's important to have a balance between video meetings and in-person meetings. In-person meetings are still the best way to build relationships and get things done.
Justin Macorin
@aqib_bhutta1 lol why is there a spotibizz link in your response!? πŸ€”
Karen R. Correa
@macorin @aqib_bhutta Absolutely, Being on camera boosts virtual meeting engagement. Balancing video and in-person meetings is key for connection. In-person meets build relationships effectively. Speaking of innovation sewer camera manufacturers exemplify how technology shapes industries, streamlining sewer system inspections. Virtual and real-world interactions both have unique value.
Kavita
I'm not a fan. I think anything which can be done asynchronously should be done that way. The only exception is 1-1 calls where you are actually meeting someone. Then, having video calls feels important, because there is a lot that gets missed if you can't see someone's body language.
Yeah if it’s a big group meeting I rather avoid trying my camera on
Generally on camera all of the time