How much time do you spend networking online?

Daniel Zaitzow
18 replies
This includes (But lot limited to): PH connection / Discussion threads LinkedIn outreach Slack community development FB engagement Discord channels

Replies

Jason
I spend most time writing code. I may be doing something wrong but 99% of the time ppl don't respond when I reach out so I gave up literally
Daniel Zaitzow
@jsonkcli What are you typically reaching out about?
Olena Bomko
More than I should 😂
Jimbo
Great idea for a poll Daniel!
Daniel Zaitzow
@jeducious Appreciate that! I was honestly curious as I've been spending a lot more time focusing on this lately - It can feel a little fruitless during the process at times.
Jianbo Liu
可以说百分百也可以说百分之0 但是控制自己的跳读
Wyatt Feaster
Probably like an hour a day to keep momentum
Daniel Zaitzow
@wyatt_feaster I feel like that is close to he average for people trying to build community who aren't in the week of their launch.
Alexandra Koptyaeva
I started building my LinkedIn network over a year ago from scratch simply by adding all the professionals I could find in my field (Trust and Safety). Back then, I used to spend a looot of time on daily networking (read: 3+ hours daily). Now I spend more time on maintaining my presence there by posting smth in my field, which still takes quite a lot of time. Haven't found an ideal balance yet but noticed that it became easier to "go out there" and share whatever I find relevant.
Daniel Zaitzow
@alexandra_clearmind That makes total sense - Why the pivot over to Product Hunt?
Alexandra Koptyaeva
@dzaitzow I recently became a Co-founder and CEO of ClearMind Keyboard, which is an app in the mental health space. My team and I want to launch here to get a product feedback and attract new users, while I'm building a marketing strategy and presence on LinkedIn (my personal network + an app page). So, I'd say doing both in parallel :)
Daniel Zaitzow
@alexandra_clearmind that makes complete sense - How are you finding the PH community thus far?
Alexandra Koptyaeva
@dzaitzow love it! Just started actually engaging in the discussions today, so definitely learning a lot from other founders. What about you?
Daniel Zaitzow
@alexandra_clearmind I've been engaging actively for a few weeks now and its primarily for pre-launch community development. We're doing a big beta rollout in a month or two (not on PH). I love the idea of front-loading connections on here months in advance to allow for an (ideally) more fruitful first launch. I've really grown to love the supportive nature of the platform and have also learned a ton from other bootstrapped founders with small teams of their own!