• Subscribe
  • How many hours do you put in a week on your startup?

Jane Crowell
    52 replies
    From balancing families to extra jobs to keep afloat, how many hours do you put in to your startup?

Replies

Jake Harrison
     Free Essay Checker AI
    Free Essay Checker AI
    The fullest time 80 hours
    Sagar Patel
    At the moment, this is my full time job. I spend well over 80 hrs easily. Developing, marketing and everything else that comes with it. Although, I will be spending some time to find another job to do while work on the startup, and reducing hours in the process. How about you?
    Jane Crowell
    @sagarpatel10 Whatever time I'm not with my 3 kids, I'm working :). They're in school during the day but then there is sports, activities, chauffeuring them around, homework, and always more kid stuff. I find that I put in a minimum 50 hours per week but on odd hours when kids are in bed or at school.
    amanah alfian
    @sagarpatel10 you must be passionate so deep with your start up project
    Apollon Latsoudis
    Nearly 70 hours per week I would say. Despite automations and productivity hacks, hard work and real focus is required to make this work. However I prefer this over any 9-5 job as I value my freedom more
    Relja Denic
    Skylead
    Skylead
    Launching soon!
    60h-80h
    Hussein Hashish
    its all in or nothing. Develop an MVP. Go to market. Test. Feedback. Repeat
    Jane Crowell
    @hussein_hashish that's what we're doing this week on Thursday on Product Hunt - getting that snapshot of product/market fit of MVP. We chose Product Hunt because the audience has a wide range of interests and demographics, giving us a broad understanding vs targeted just at the investing/trading community.
    Hussein Hashish
    @jane_crowell That makes sense. very interesting what you're building. I'm guessing the Robinhood trader persona would benefit a lot from such a solution
    Evgeny Kotelevskiy
    I have many other tasks, so probably no more than 20 hours
    Soner Alemdar
    If your startup is a side hustle I guess that 25-30 hours are okey
    Omari Kitula
    @soner_ startups should not be your side hustle, if you really believe in your idea you have to make it full time
    Kate Chasten
    The whole team in the company is working on it.
    Darya Antonyuk
    About 40 hours, it's my only job for now, so want to make sure I do everything possible (but I'm not a CEO, so don't usually do more than 40)
    Drew_Quinn
    full time my be around 40-50hr
    Henry Doral
    Around 40 - 50 hours
    Robert Thomson
    Nearly 50 hours per week I would say.
    Afiya Chohollo
    Definitely the fullest of time
    I think I lost my counting at this point 🤣 all I can say it takes up more than 60h/week and ofc work on weekends when needed. At the moment Klu needs our full involvement cause we are growing way too fast!
    Ivan Dudin
    All my working time: ~40 hours
    George Aleesu
    Around 20 to 40hours
    Jeremiah Poisson
    I'd say between 60-80. If I could select both I would. There is always something to do. I try to however dedicate at least one day as a complete rest day. Some weeks it's not possible but it's a goal.
    Bogomil Stoev
    As the founder of Commenter.ai, I put in around 80 hours a week on my startup. It's a lot of work, but it's also incredibly rewarding. I'm passionate about helping businesses grow their brands on LinkedIn, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for Commenter.ai.
    Dave-Anthony Smith
    I spend most of my waking time working on my startup at the moment, so maybe 80 - 100.