How many fake profiles PH has?

Neel Patel
34 replies
How frequently do you see fake profiles here? I’ve been seeing a lot lately

Replies

Zion Melson
Launching soon!
I'm a real account, don't really know how to prove it... Here's a fun emoji to maybe relieve some suspicion. 🫥
Lisa Steingold
Really? How do you know if a profile is fake? 🤔
Neel Patel
@lisa_steingold1 It has fake written all over it. lol. Jk. You can check out their account, they have no real identity out of PH.
Jaydeep Radadiya
Fake profiles to boost product artificially?
Moon
It's hard to say for sure. I think PH is working on better verification methods to combat this issue and maintain the community's integrity.
Julia Zakharova
I don't vouch for their number, but I meet such accounts. I just walk on by. Or find the owner of the clones))
Neel Patel
@julia_zakharova2 how do you find owner?
Tyler Scott
Too many. But what sucks is they probably have more opportunities for visibility than I do. Practically every week I'm contacting Product Hunt support to refresh my account because it's shadow banned it for no good reason. It's very annoying and detrimental to my engagement on this site. Meanwhile I see commenters with obvious ChatGPT responses and it's super annoying.
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
Yeah and there a companies using those accounts to "guarantee" you position when you launch. But it's not just here it's everywhere :)
My3 Murthy
@bogomep does this actually work? Because I have heard PH comes down hard on fake profiles & are good at maintaining an authentic community
Andreas Sohns
I have noticed some too. It's a bit frustrating but reporting them helps keep things cleaner.
Business Marketing with Nika
If you know some, let me know. Some have good answers I can laugh at.
Don’t know about fake profiles, but I’ve definitely spotted a lot of fake comments (AI generated copy-pasted comments)
Stella
I’ve noticed that as well. Flagging them is the way to go.
Mark Lemuel M
prolly they use the fake accounts to boost up upvotes on business. It's like monetizing on upvotes. I had me asked once for 300usd. lol. It's all about creating a good community here.
JD Worcester
Omg i've seen one bot promoting xxx on here lmfao
Gurkaran Singh
It's like playing a game of whack-a-mole with those fake profiles here - they seem to pop up everywhere! Have you tried outsmarting them with some clever sleuthing skills yet?