How many books do you read per year?

Amir Andohkosh
18 replies
Every year I aim to read more books but don't tend to keep up. Curious how many books on average others in this community read!

Replies

Daniel Do
I'm trying to read 12 per year but man, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Nimesh
Honestly the same, then I started to think why do I want to read? 2 parts really, knowledge and peace; I'll try to solve one at a time, for the knowledge part I use Blinkist for that. and I'm yet to figure out peace. How many are you trying to read this year my boy?
Anne Broadwin
i think i did ~30 books last year, about 10 paper books and 20 on Kindle.
Amir Andohkosh
@annebroadwin Nice! Any recommendations?
Jason Lee
About 5 books, last year I was more interested in history and biography books, this year it is science fiction
Anne Broadwin
@jason_lee_3282 i just read Three Body not long ago, so amazing! The past years i was very into psychology
Richard Gao
Less than I would like to But I do read articles to keep up
phprunner
I read (or listen to) one book a month on average. Gives me enough time to process and take action.
ivanTech
Not too many like 4. But I definitely going to double this number by the end of the year!
Valentine Osnovyanenko
I read them seasonally. When I'm in the mood, I can read 3 books in a row over a few months. Most of my reading comes from newsletters and lots of marketing articles. In fact, I'd say reading 10+ articles already feels like a book! Most importantly, note the new things from the books you read! Our memory store book insights only if they are re-read. That's why you should at least track the findings in Notion-ish apps - you can easily retrieve the info with the search button!
My new year resolution is to read at least 5 books. Haven't started yet 😅