• Subscribe
  • How long before your MVP launch should you start marketing your product?

Rohan Mukherjee
    8 replies
    It's common advice to try and sell your product before you've even built it. What does that timeline look like - should you start marketing on day 0, even if you expect your MVP to take about 2 months to build? Does that not run the risk of killing the hype before the product is actually out in the market?

Replies

Monalisa Sethi
    Anything organic easily takes 3-4 months to scale. I would start at least 2 months prior to launch.
    Rohan Mukherjee
    @monalisa_sethi How do I "organically" grow an audience for my content? Currently, my social media content doesn't get enough reach.
    Monalisa Sethi
    @roerohan you can use social media to document your product building journey. Your content can revolve around basic things like why are you building this particular product, what are the challenges in this market/category, why are you best suited to build this product, what are some lessons you learnt during user research, what were your failures. You don't even have to write everyday. 3x a week consistently for 3 months can do wonders. Along with posting your own content, engage with other's content too (relevant posts, of course). One important thing to note is whatever you write has to be a personal point of view. Your stories, your voice, your experience, your narration. And, like I have already mentioned this effort takes time, at least 2 months. So, 3-4 months is an ideal period.
    Monalisa Sethi
    @roerohan I work with founders on social selling. Content always works. But one has to be consistent.
    Arindam Vaidya
    I think a quarter is a good validation on some primary research before going all out marketing.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    You should start marketing your product 2-3 months before your MVP launch. This allows time to build anticipation, engage early adopters, and gather feedback before the official launch.
    Rohan Mukherjee
    @annaho2000 what kind of content do you usually post before the launch?
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    I started marketing from day zero, whether it was sending emails to friends in the industry for communication or posting questions and promotions in communities with a large number of target users. This allows me to effectively identify the details that need attention in this product direction in advance, as well as discover new opportunities.