How is the modern workplace evolving to meet the needs of remote workers?

Hashir Ahmed
11 replies

Replies

Katya Veremeichik
That's old news already, really. It might have been a hot topic for 2020, but everyone is well-adapted by now, and everyone's needs are met perfectly well. One might even say people are generally much happier working from home, it's your business interests you need to protect in this case, not people's needs
Dhanian
Currently, the modern workplace is evolving to meet the needs of remote workers, and it's likely that this trend will continue as more and more people choose to work remotely.These are some of the ways evolution is taking place:👇 ✅Technology: Remote work is only possible because of technology. Employers are investing in technologies that make it easier for their remote workers to communicate and collaborate with their colleagues. This includes video conferencing software, cloud-based project management tools, and online document sharing platforms. ✅Flexibility: Employers are recognizing the importance of work-life balance and offering more flexible work arrangements to their employees. This includes options such as flexible work hours, job sharing, and part-time work. ✅Employee well-being: Employers are also paying more attention to the well-being of their remote workers. This includes providing resources for mental health support, encouraging breaks throughout the day, and ensuring that remote workers have access to ergonomic workstations. ✅Company culture: Employers are finding new ways to create a strong company culture for remote workers. This includes regular team-building activities, virtual happy hours, and online recognition programs. ✅Hiring process: Employers are also changing their hiring process to accommodate remote workers. This includes using video interviews, allowing candidates to complete skills assessments online, and providing virtual onboarding. If you liked this follow me @mapozi_junior
Zekiye Nur Kesici
I'm a remote worker, and we use in-house productivity and communication tools, and also we are building one for remote workers. https://www.usebeforesunset.com/ With BeforeSunset, people will be able to see what their teammates are working on at the moment, they can see the modes of their co-workers that day, whether they are in meetings, lunch breaks, and at the same time, they will be able to see how much time they spend on each task by writing their to do list and planning their day.
With the rise of remote work, employers are implementing new policies and technologies to help facilitate collaboration and communication among remote teams. Companies are increasingly adopting cloud-based tools and digital collaboration platforms to enable remote workers to access the same information and work together seamlessly.
Lacey Winter
I've found a lot of solutions to most companies with remote work is adding more meeting tools which can be so overwhelming. Plus it doesn't at all make you feel connected to your colleagues and if anything bogs you down with more meetings. The ability to solve solutions in real time and take culture into account are not often happening. Companies need to also take into account that just because you work from home does not mean your life solely revolves around work and be flexible in the working hours. A 9-5 may work for some but not everyone and that's okay.
Rick Armstrong
Many companies are re-evaluating their 'perks.' For example, if everyone is remote, no need for an onsite gym or onsite laundry anymore. So instead, offer fitness comps or other WFH expense reimbursements. Also, having a quarterly or bi-annual company meetup helps get the needed face-to-face time. There's more companies are experimenting with, but that's just a few I've experienced.
Rick Armstrong
@hashir_ahmed1 Glad it helped! I can share a blog from our co-founder too that goes into more detail around this if you'd like.