How far out do you plan your priorities?

Joseph Lee
12 replies
Personally, I set 90 day goals and plan out tactical activities that contribute to these goals on a daily/weekly basis. But curious to see how you're organizing priorities and TODO lists (and how much planning is done into the future)!

Replies

Andrew Cook
One day at a time here.... I should probably change that.
Wyatt Feaster
I feel like I'm planning like 30 days out cause things change so much anything longer than that.
Joseph Lee
@wyatt_feaster agreed - though I find having loose goals for 90/120 days can be helpful for employees and staff as a north start to shoot towards
Maria Hagsten
In my experience, goals that are too rigid and too far out in the future can have a very negative impact as they make us less nimble and flexible. So, for me, I do plan but with a large variety of rigidity: Very loose plans for 90 days, more specific goals for 30 days, and super clear goals for 14 days.
Joseph Lee
@maria_hagsten love how you still set goals but distil them down to more concrete steps based on immediacy. Thanks for sharing!
Shajedul Karim
90-day goals are solid. they give you room for both strategy and flexibility. i like to mix timeframes. have long-term vision, break it down to yearly goals. then slice it further. monthly and weekly. each aligning with that bigger vision. daily? i keep it fluid. life's unpredictable. gotta pivot sometimes, you know? tools matter but they're not the game. whether it's notion, asana, or a napkin. key is to revisit. goals aren't set-and-forget. life changes, and so should your goals. and hey, it's okay to miss the mark. goals are guides, not gospel. evaluate, adjust, continue. the cycle is the process. the process is the goal. plan enough to guide, not stifle. gives you room to breathe and to grow. just remember: planning is a tool, not the outcome. make it work for you. 🌱
Aarav Krishna
At least 6 months in advance
Drew_Quinn
working for our product launch on PH in couple of weeks
Shivangi Awasthi
1-month sprint. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ