How do you validate your SaaS product idea?

Austin Armstrong
16 replies

Replies

Dzmitry Tsemirau
We are making an MVP to do it.
Syed Arsalan Amin
just ship it ๐Ÿš€
Kexin Liu
Ship & Aassess the user willingness to pay!
Ahmet Can Aslan
Talk to potential customers to understand their pain points and validate if your product solves a real problem for them. Build a minimum viable product and gather feedback from early adopters to iterate and improve your offering. Also we are launching today!
Salim Lunat
Launching soon!
We can validate our idea through market research, customer interviews, or by testing a minimum viable product (MVP) with a small group of target customers.
Vaibhav
The truth is, people paying for your service beats any other type of validation. Oh, the second one would be PMF.
Jakob Engelhardt
talk talk talk to your users ;)
My3 Murthy
customer interview & shipping the product - low fidelity, basic functionality stuff. Nothing too fancy
Vinod Katam
There is no single validation to all products. The closes is user adoption, and that can only be determined once you ship it. You tell your idea to 1000s of people and they will say wow, but non of these 1000 people would actually know if they are actually going to use it or not until they get hands on experience. So once you have your MVP ready, ship it and talk to people. Listen listen and listen. Understand what users are saying and what they are not saying. Thats how you validate it.
Mauro Szuchman
A couple of ideas: 1 - Fake door concept to measure intention before building it 2 - Interview customers, better to speak than surveys so you can get the details 3 - After launch, look at Analytics and users recording to understand what they did
Rupal Saini
See how competitors in the same niche that your product idea falls into are performing to assess the TAM, and research to figure out how your product idea can have a USP that those competitors are missing or unable to fulfil for target users.
Yassine Derkaoui
If you see competitors ;)
Sree
"Just ship it" kinda works, but what I find is you're gonna build 100 apps and out of that, 5 to 10 get successful. I find that wastes time a lot! What I do instead is listen out to people complaining about a feature (or lack thereof) in a forum or discussion. If it's a problem that frustrates people frequently, then I would ask two questions: 1. "Can I build a tool to solve this problem?" 2. "Would someone with this problem buy my tool to solve it?" The second question can be answered by talking to those people to see if they would be interested in a solution you build.
Pratheek Adi
Starts with market research and gathering feedback from potential users. :)
Kehui Guo
get onto customer calls, reviewing with the Sales/AM team post-launch
Gurkaran Singh
Validating a SaaS product idea is like figuring out the perfect pizza toppings - you need to test different flavors with your target audience to see what they crave the most!