• Subscribe
  • How do you validate your ideas before launching a new product or feature?

Sefa Sarıkaya
    8 replies

Replies

Sanat Mohanty
    Here's my system: build landing page > get it roasted > ask roasters if they understand the messaging. Here's how I want to pivot in 2023: Do more customer interview
    Manoj Radhakrishnan
    Two ways 1)Data backed validation, along with some user research. But this ideal approach may not be feasible every time. 2)Just go with intuition or leverage on validation by the most intuitive/ experienced person around you
    Hemant Warier
    Before launching a new product or feature, I always try to validate my ideas through a combination of market research and user testing. First, I conduct market research to see if there is a demand for the product or feature that I am considering. This can involve talking to potential customers, analyzing industry trends, and looking at the competition. Next, I try to get as much feedback as possible from potential users. This can involve creating prototypes or MVPs (minimum viable products) and gathering feedback through user testing sessions or focus groups. Gathering this type of feedback helps me to identify any potential issues or challenges with the product or feature before it is launched. It also helps me to fine-tune the offering to better meet the needs of my target audience. Overall, validating my ideas through market research and user testing helps me to ensure that I am launching a product or feature that is relevant, valuable, and viable in the market. If you are considering launching a new product or feature, I highly recommend taking the time to validate your ideas in a similar way. This can save you a lot of time and resources in the long run and increase the chances of success for your new offering.
    Richard Gao
    I think it's a multi-pronged approach. For me, I did some potential customer interviews first by simply messaging some potential customer on Linkedin. However, as I found that these were very poor potential customers, I became more focused on Reddit instead. Another approach I did was just posting some questions on product hunt and seeing the response, and overall, but being more observant on social media and seeing where the potential customer interest lies.
    Krishnaswamy Anand Ganesh
    Try and create a launch page or a mock button or a pre-launch sign up and run Instagram, Google or LinkedIn ads to understand conversions and sign-ups. Don't invest your efforts on building something that's not validated. Build quick designs, just create a front end which displays the intent and functionality and see how your customers adopt
    Upen V
    Check out Micro SaaS Ideas - https://microsaasidea.com that I write to 20,000 subscribers. It should give you a good starting point. On actually launching the product. Here are a few pointers to save you a lot of time. 1. Create a landing page with a signup form (Don't build a full blown product. 2. Submit it to Betalist (Betalist takes about 4-6 weeks to launch the product) 3. Leverage Subreddits, Indiehackers, Facebook groups and closed communities (Spend 4-6 weeks) 4. Launch on ProductHunt (Spend a week with pre-launch activities) 5. By this time, you should have 40-50 people on waitlist. Ask them to get on a call and see why they are intersted. At this point, I would highly recommend you to try 'The Mom Test' strategy and ask proper questions. If you see at least 10-15 people positive, then go with a MVP. This process roughly takes 4-6 weeks but helps you much better to validate your product, idea and reach.
    Boris N
    You may use some tools like Validator-ai or Checkmyidea-IA to validate the potential of your idea before launching a new product
    Boris N
    You may use tool like Checkmyidea-IA to validate your idea. It will help you to : ' Identify if your idea meets a real market need ' What methods to test the viability of your idea quickly and at a low cost ' Analyze competition for your idea ' Determine if your idea is technically feasible with your skills ' The needs and behaviors of your users ' To market your idea and acquire your first users There are similar tools on the markets, but this is one is for modern webmarketing.