• Subscribe
  • How do you validate the market before launching a product? What's your experience? 🤔

Benson Gao
    6 replies
    I am a product manager, and I encounter many problems in my daily work that need to be solved one by one. During the process of solving these problems, certain solutions are formed. If I find that there isn't an appropriate alternative product, I will package it into a small MVP product and take it to the community for validation. A good product can't simply follow trends; it needs to be grounded in real needs. Even if the interface isn't aesthetically pleasing, as long as it meets the demand, people will use it. Of course, there is still a big difference between a commercialized product and an MVP in terms of architecture. After you complete the MVP validation, you need to find a viable path to commercialization and gradually implement it step by step. Luckily, I have a small but dedicated group of development partners who help me turn product ideas into reality, and that is very important. How did your products start? Why not share your story?

Replies

Adriadna Mascioli
    My approach is to create a simple prototype and share it with a small group of potential users. Their feedback helps me tweak and improve the product before a full launch.
    Ankur Sharma
    I’m a software engineer, and in my last startup, I ran into a lot of challenges in areas I didn’t know much about. I was good at coding, but things like marketing, finance were new to me. Looking for answers on YouTube or blogs took a lot of time, and I realized I needed more direct help to make progress. To validate this idea, I created a landing page, spoke with many entrepreneurs, and posted surveys in LinkedIn groups to gather feedback. I was confident about WiseAdvizor, and so far, 18 mentors joined the platform. Over 800 founders have registered, and together, they’ve logged more than 9,000 mentoring minutes—all with no negative reviews!
    Benson Gao
    @ankur_sharma20 Thank you for sharing your experience, Ankur! The challenges you mentioned are exactly what many founders with a technical background face in the early stages—mastering areas beyond technology can often require a lot of effort. I'm glad to hear that you validated your idea by creating a landing page and communicating with entrepreneurs, which is indeed a direct and effective approach. The results of WiseAdvisor are impressive! Over 800 founders joined and more than 9,000 mentoring minutes logged show that you've built a platform full of value. I look forward to hearing more of your success stories, and I hope we can continue to share our entrepreneurial experiences with each other.
    YanXu
    I usually look up my product's competitors and do market research to see how this type of product makes people feel and then cut through the existing product's pain points to form my own product
    Harper Perez
    I usually start by talking to potential users to understand their pain points.
    I’ve found that engaging directly with users through surveys or interviews is key.