How do you target an app globally?

Carles
4 replies
I am a cofounder of an app called punta (www.punta.app) and I would like to get ideas to best market or advertise the app with little money to enlarge the community and so get more downloads for the app. *What has worked for me:* I will share the things it worked for me: - Posting in Facebook groups - Giving Likes on targeted people in Instagram *What has not worked for me* - Facebook ads or Instagram ads: I tried about 100-200€ in different campaigns; but it was literally shit. Let me know yours!:)

Replies

Mugur Neacsu
Hi Carles, I am in similar situation, just launched a custom keyboard app, and I am not good in marketing at all, not sure where even to start. Good luck and I hope to be able to share my findings soon.
Calvin Woo
I'm curious, how does Giving likes on targeted people in Instagram work?
Carles
@calvinwoo there are libraries in Python where this is implemented. Still if you overdo it; Instagram does not allow big automations and you need to be restricted on the number by cases you do it. Only small scale works.
Shivam Garg
You can also start by creating a community in a generic niche, and then it becomes a long-lasting space for you, regardless of the product.