How do you switch context in breaks?

Stas Voronov
6 replies
You know, it's not very recovering to sit at the laptop during breaks. Walking isn't possible sometimes (especially this summer). How do you relax from job?

Replies

Adrian Cruz
Make tea. Seriously, it is life-changing if you do it mindfully.
Stas Voronov
@adrian2x Hmm, I really like Chinese tea like white oolong and I make it every day. But every time I'm in rush with it :) I should try to make it slowly
Jen Fox
Anything that exercises the other areas of your brain and sparks creativity. Anything that brings you joy even if it is mundane or silly. Physical exercise, cooking, tiding up or even a solo dance party.
Launching soon!
It can be challenging to switch contexts in breaks, but there are a few tips that you can follow to help make the transition easier: Find ways to change your environment. Going for walks may help you relax and refocus after working in an uncomfortable chair for long periods. Take some deep breaths and practice self-soothing techniques like visualization or writing down positive thoughts about what you're doing before beginning the new task.
Stas Voronov
@qudsia_ali Nice, thanks for detailed answer. Do you have some good guide for visualization?